Rainbow Dash

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipsqueak Paddocks

Reaction score
Hiya!

On New Year's Day, we took in a herd of Minis here at Pipsqueak Paddocks Miniature Horse Haven Society. It turns out that three of them are in foal. The first due is Rainbow Dash... likely sometime this month. She is a two year old maiden, so we are watching her very closely. Later in the Spring, her dam and her sister are due.

You can go here for the camera links: www.PipsqueakPaddocks.com/MareStare

Thanks for watching!

saludando.gif
I have been watching her every night since January, she is such a cutie
wub.gif

Thanks gals!

Right now, she is on some very clean first cut hay - basically "super-soft-mini-straw". I had asked our supporters (via our Facebook page) if they knew of any very clean bedding that I could use for her. One of our local supporters brought us some bales of this first cut that they had made for their pony who since passed away. It is just beautiful stuff! Zero dust and smells sweet as can be! She loves it.

Mixed in with it is the leftovers that she doesn't finish of her own hay. She came to us quite thin, so she gets a fair amount to eat... so I'm not worried about her eating her bed! LOL

Here's a link to our Facebook page, we're shooting for 1400 "likers" by the 14th - Valentine's Day! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wub.png
Aww shes gorgeous
default_wub.png
Love the website..your doing a fab job
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I will be watching
default_yes.gif

Oh poor baby, I'm so happy she is now in your care. To be bred as a yearling to deliver at two is just awful! Her bones are not mature yet. If you haven't had the vet out yet, I would recommend you do so, and watch her like a hawk. Thats like having a young teenage girl deliver a baby, so sad. She may need help and good for you for taking in these precious babies. I only have dial up and can't watch much on mare stare, it stops and starts, so I'm not much help other then words of encouragement, but I'm old, wise woman, and will help if needed. Bless you for taking these babies in and good luck with this delivery, hope all goes well.

Thanks gals.

RiverRose - no worries, the vet is out here just about every week for one reason or another. We had 58 Minis here over the course of 2011, and 18 hanging around so far this year. They are all brought up to date on farrier and vet care when they arrive. We've gelded nearly 50 boys and seen a variety of other issues from punctured eyeballs to exposed bones in the 101 Minis who've come through our facility. The vet is our friend!
yes.gif

May I second what Terry (RiverRose) has posted (I too am old, not sure about the 'wise' though!) and I want to add my thanks for all that you are doing for the many animals you have helped.

I will watch when I can and wish you good luck with this little girl, her Momma and her sister.
default_yes.gif

Thanks Anna! I would say it is 99% fun to do what we do, with 1% heartbreak. Those aren't bad odds at all.
wink.gif

Her dam is named Applejack and her sister is Twilight Sparkle. (We were going with a My Little Pony theme with the herd. My daughter claimed naming rights - she's 7! LOL)

Thanks Anna! I would say it is 99% fun to do what we do, with 1% heartbreak. Those aren't bad odds at all.
wink.gif

Her dam is named Applejack and her sister is Twilight Sparkle. (We were going with a My Little Pony theme with the herd. My daughter claimed naming rights - she's 7! LOL)
Kids and Grandkids. Don't they have the way of getting us to say YES
default_wub.png
:wub

As with Renee I have been watching rainbow dash!! She was my fave of the my little ponies hehe how is she looking? Will definitely like your fb page n shoot it to my friends
yes.gif
Ou guys are doing an amazing job!! N should get all the support possible well done you!

What a great job you guys are doing
default_smile.png

I'll be watching when I can!

Thanks gals!
default_smile.png

She is looking good. Starting to shed out like mad! They whole herd has unhealthy coats due to poor nutrition, worms and lice... so I'm looking forward to seeing her in her summer coat - that's for sure!
wub.gif

I missed her Mare Stare address, but its bookmarked now. Becky, you do such great things for these little guys. I've been trying to keep up with Magpies recovery, hope she's doing well and getting better.

Magpie is doing super. We've unwrapped one leg now, the one that was down to the bone. It is all covered over and it's time to let it dry after over 2 months wrapped. It's not pretty, but it's healing healthy. I'm going to take more pictures the next time we are re-bandaging the other leg. The wounds on that leg are looking super too! Just not ready to unwrap that one yet due to the exposed tendon still.

For anyone interested in her wound healing journal - it's here: www.PipsqueakPaddocks.com/Magpie

She had deep wounds that nearly killed her. She had been left untreated for three weeks before she arrived at our facility. We caught it just in time. Her friend that came with her, Meadowlark, had to be put down.
no.gif

But, Magpie is doing just splendid now!
biggrin.gif

aww that is so awful!! you guys are the best!! those ponies are so blessed to have found a new home in you! even for short periods!!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back