"R" National Disquailifications

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Self-righteous? Hmm, that's a new one. No, I just prefer not to drag other trainers, breeders, owners, and exhibitors through the mud. I only hope that those who are doing the dragging are never on the other end of the rope. But as Belinda posted, it's been handled.
Than perhaps you should just stop reading and posting on this thread.
default_laugh.png

Come on you guys... each of you have provided very good information at some point on this forum. Its okay to disagree with each other, as each person has the right to share their opinions. That's how we learn.

You read how I stand... basically everyone should be innocent until proven guilty. If you weren't aware... or in agreement with it or not... public humiliation has been considered one of the best ways of disclipline since the beginning of time. If there is no consequence for ones actions, one may continue to pursue those actions.

I don't believe wrong doers deserve to be continually drug through the mud, but IMO and as part of the membership, we do have the right to know who has been dishonest among us (professional trainer or not) and what their disciplinary action entailed... by doing so, it also then eliminates the opportunity for continued rumors and heresay because the truth has been presented. Personally... I have no clue who or what horses were involved.

Call me self-righteous too if you wish... but I actually feel pretty humbled and grateful for what I do have.

The AMHR is continually growing and with that demands a continued growth of responsibility..... there's no more "like the good 'ole days" we hear about in running the ship. The flood gates are open my friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
if the amhr would put the minutes on the web site of the convention and let all the members know what happen that would sure help and end the rumors and gossip
default_wub.png
Hello,

Actually the minutes are put on the website.. But Disciplinary actions are taken in CLOSED SESSION So It is sure not our place to post that information . But as soon as the minutes to the rest of the board meeting are approved they will be on the website !!!

Thanks Belinda! I was in the process of typing the same thing about the minutes and the closed session. Glad that you beat me to it!

Do I read that right Belinda, that after the member's actions and disciplinary actions are discussed behind closed doors (which I agree is politically correct) and then the disciplinary actions, if any, are posted along with the approved minutes?

I agree, it would be unfair to discuss or post any 'accusations' publicly.

I guess to me it's not nessasarily important WHO was the cheater..as HOW they were diciplined. i want to know what actions were taken against this/these individual(s) and i want to know if they were fined How much ect. I think that these are things that need to be made public because how does it stop anyone else from cheating if it's not made known what truly happens if you cheat.

Seems so not long ago there was someone on the board complaining about buying a horse that was SUPPOSED to be registered to only find out that the pervious owner had been suspended and all the papers were put on hold until his suspention was up and a "fine" was paid. sorry but to me it sounds very easy to scam people into buying horse sin this situation because it was never made public...how is the buyer supposed to know this person was banned?? i think AMHR needs to step up and make it known when rules are violated and fines/suspentions ect are imposed... You can bet most people would never want to do something wrong again if it was made public..thats worse than taking a financial fine!

I personally think all disciplinary actions should be listed in the journal....but that's just my thought.

I guess to me it's not nessasarily important WHO was the cheater..as HOW they were diciplined.
That's a very good point. I work for an investment firm. We are bound by many, many regulations including all the rules set forth by the SEC. When one of our investment representatives (or their assistants or home office people like myself) do something that violates a rule, we don't necessarily know WHO is was but we sure learn HOW it was handled. We get a report every month that states what was done and what the outcome of the investigation was, including disciplinary actions. Those may be fines, written warnings or termination. I think it deters others (some others) from doing some of the misdeeds to see what happened to those that tried it before them.

I find it funny how we all can name names when it is "common" folk.

I recall calling "one" of these persons for a club member wrongfully disiplined through AMHR.

Sure hope this "person" can handle the name in the Joural.

I don't know that we need names but certainly the "problem" and the action taken should be made public. The best reason would be to deter it happening again. Sometimes knowing that action is taken and what it costs is the biggest reason for the problem to NOT be repeated.

If it's just a slap on wrist, as some think, then it shows "we" as a club do not take infractions serious. If it's a "big deal" then everyone knows what a chance they take by not knowing or following the rules.

IMO anyone calling and advertising themselves as a "Professional" of whatever they're doing and charging and collecting money (or not) from the public to do a job or service, they have a certain political or professional responsibility and duty to that public for their actions. Just as elected officials also have that duty. Be it a sports figure, politician, dog trainer, horse handler, or organizational club official. In other words... you put yourself out there for public display, criticism and review if you take on those titles or positions....you are automatically IN the public eye.

My point being, that if you fall in that category and do something illegal or against the rules and are found guilty as charged, the public has the right to know that about you too. Not just what job you do professionally... but HOW you do that job and if you deserve the public trust.

But in return it is also IMO that if that person pays their dues and serves the punishment handed upon them... even though they'll have some trust to rebuild, they shouldn't be condemned forever.... because as humans, we aren't perfect and we do make mistakes and make the wrong choices sometimes.... but if you do it again... you're outta here....

Seriously, I just believe that if you belong to an organization such as AMHR or others... that that is a privilige, not a right... no matter who you are or how long you've been there.

Not sure why I felt I needed to share so much on here today other than I have been waiting on hold to talk with mortgage companies here in my office most of the day. But one of my goals for '09 is to try and be more involved.... I mean, with the organizations I belong to.

Awww....yes "Self Righteous". Give it a break already. Where is the rolling of the eyes guy?

You at least come on here make good points than blow it by your childish behavior with the oh my I'm being self righteous. Perhaps I should post the definition to clear the confusion.

Edited to add the definition of self righteous.

self righteous

One entry found.

Sponsored LinksRighteousness Definition

What Is Righteousness? Find Out w/the Dictionary Toolbar

Dictionary.alottoolbars.com

Main Entry: self–righ·teous

Pronunciation: \-ˈrī-chəs\

Function: adjective

Date: circa 1680

: convinced of one's own righteousness especially in contrast with the actions and beliefs of others : narrow-mindedly moralistic

There I bolded the one that I was referring too. Help any?

*YAWN*
default_wacko.png

While you do bring some good points to the table, at least you brought some, your childish behavior with the constant self righteous jabs, just makes your post useless and not worth reading anymore.

So Karen, you're saying we don't have a right to know or discuss this? It's our club, don't we have the right to know how it was handled?
Yes, that's what I'm saying. Why must we lench mob everyone? The situation has been handled and the appropiate legal actions have been taken.
Well Carin it is your choice to discuss or not to discuss however it is something that relates to everyone who shows at the National level. It should have affected several placings and it is part of the goings on in our registry.

Be quiet due to it being a professional? Come on now if it was a nobody then you can bet it would be more then ok.

That said I have always respected and continue to respect this trainer and the ability to do the job of presenting and training horses. One incident does not change that. I do not have to respect what was done at this particular show.

Had the violator been the average person and not a trainer, the average person probably would've been racked over the coals and made an example out of.

Does anyone know what classes the placings could be changed in, due to this?

It is human nature to talk about things like this. I heard about it from a friend this past weekend. And no, I wouldn't repeat it nor would I post about it. Not because of who was involved but because I don't choose to gossip. It is hurtful no matter who you are...and after all, we don't really know the full story from gossip...we just think we do.

Had the violator been the average person and not a trainer, the average person probably would've been racked over the coals and made an example out of.
Ok , Sheryl now now !!
default_wub.png

Actually there was someone who was NOT a trainer who got the same fines and lost their awards.. !!! The Punshiment HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A TRAINER OR NOT !!!

The Fine for all those that are all so curious was $500 per horse .. So now maybe we can put this subject to rest..
default_wink.png
default_wink.png

"The Fine for all those that are all so curious was $500 per horse .. So now maybe we can put this subject to rest"

Here's my 2 cents . . . The fine is, well, fine, but what about being suspended or not being allowed to show? That's going to have a larger, more substantial impact. Suppose a trainer has a horse in his care for 6 months. That's somewhere around $3,000 - 5,000 plus additional expenses for transport, etc. What's $500 bucks??

If it's a professional miniature horse trainer or common folk like myself that knowingly and intentionally DID NOT QUALIFY a horse properly they should be suspended. Period. Then you can bet that people will make sure that their horses are qualified according to the rules.

A friend of mine spent more than that to bring a horse up from Texas that was supposed to be qualified by a pro trainer and had to get it qualified herself.

Another friend qualified a horse they had just purchased, and hardshipped him into the AMHR, only to find out that they missed the registration deadline by 3 days. They didn't try to slide him in.

The rules are the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back