Quilty items I've made...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chandab

Reaction score
Currently working on a scrappy horse quilt, not exactly sure what direction it'll go, just using several of my saved horse fabrics to make a quilt.

No pictures of my current project, but can share past projects.

I finished this one last spring during mare stare, its now living in FL with Diane:

Prairie Queen - finished - Sept 3, 2012 for web.jpg

Picture doesn't do the colors justice at all (it got washed out).

Finished this one this fall, its has thread ickies on the back, as I didn't notice my machine was misthreaded, but it looks pretty:

Magic 4-patch finished - machine misthreaded.jpg

Finished this one this fall, also:

Stripey quilt for guild 2012.jpg

This one is flannel, and went to live in NY a few years ago, its one of my favorites:

Monterrey Medallions - completed.jpg

This is my all-time favorite, and I don't think I'll part with it:

Fall Frolic - finished.jpg

Oh, and how could I forget the quilt I made my Mom for her 75th birthday, last May:

Mom's Birthday quilt - April 21, 2012 - finished.jpg

I got my sister involved, too. She helped with supplies, and I made the quilt. Here are the labels we did; we as in me, my sister and her two kids (mom's only grandkids)

mom's birthday quilt - April 21, 2012 - labels.jpg

My nephew drew a paw print and my niece drew a cake.

Very nice!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif

Simply beautiful! I always like seeing your creations.

I'm looking for a pattern to use for my next quilt and might use your "all-time favorite" pattern. I really like that quilt!

Lois

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say every time I see your stuff your inspire me! That third one down(with the stripes looks great! I can picture that in all shades of blue! I may give it a try!!!
default_yes.gif

:Your quilts are so lovely, great inspiration, and thanks for sharing!

I have to say every time I see your stuff your inspire me! That third one down(with the stripes looks great! I can picture that in all shades of blue! I may give it a try!!!
default_yes.gif
That one is super simple, just 2.5" strips. Its called the one hour quilt or something like that or strip race. For the "race" pre-cut strips are used, they are sewn end to end, 18" cut off one end, then they are fold back on themselves and sewn, then folded back again and sewn, etc until you have the size you want. I'll see if I can find better instructions on-line for you. Here's a You-Tube video:

Its called a "Jelly Roll Race quilt": http://blog.1choice4quilting.com/2011/05/ladies-gentlemen-start-your-sewing.html I think that was instructions for the quilt. I added a small border to mine.

Simply beautiful! I always like seeing your creations.

I'm looking for a pattern to use for my next quilt and might use your "all-time favorite" pattern. I really like that quilt!

Lois
I remember it was pretty easy, but I can't remember the block name. If I come across the pattern in my quilt room, I'll let you know (I think it might have been in a FQ book or pattern).

Beautiful quilts, Chanda!
default_thumbup.gif
I like to sew but quilting is beyond my patience level for now...

Beautiful quilts, Chanda!
default_thumbup.gif
I like to sew but quilting is beyond my patience level for now...
Thank you. I don't have a lot of patience either, which is why I sew everything with my machine and stick to smaller projects; I mostly make lap-size quilts and smaller with a few that have been bigger. If its something you think you might want to try, a good beginner's book is "Your First Quilt Book, or it Should Be" by Carol Doak. http://www.caroldoak.com/store.php Its the third one down on this page, you can probably find it cheaper at another location, but this is the first one that came up.

Love love love and especially your choice of colors

Love love love and especially your choice of colors
Thank you very much.
Here are a few more, hopefully no repeats.

Quilt for my sister and her family:

Chylon - family quilt 2.jpg

[i did have this one machine quilted by a fellow guild member, it needed more quilting than I could do at that time. She traded quilting for fabric, so win-win.]

One I made for my sister to give to a friend:

chylon - tancy quilt layout 5.jpg

Oops, guess it wasn't finished in that pic, but I forgot to take a finished pic.

One I made for my sister for a fundraiser:

chylon - fundraiser quilt - complete 1.jpg

And, this one I made for a neighbor, last fall:

Als quilt - complete - Oct 24, 2012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize, I posted an unfinished pic of this quilt, so here's the finished quilt:

Chylon's Family Quilt - finished - 2006.jpg

Back