What items are "hot" for gifts or sales?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Reaction score
Trying to get a feel for what to make for presents for Birthdays and Christmas.

What are items that you would like to receive? And, what are items that you like to give?

I look at a lot of jewelry and love to find unique, but still pretty, bracelets, necklaces, pins, and earrings. I like both vintage and new creations both to give and receive. I like items mostly made with gemstones and wire wrapped gemstones and items made with seed beads. Also love hearts and lockets and love to pick out charms for people I know and make key chains or zipper pulls with them.

I make lap quilts and table toppers/runners, mug rugs and purses for gifts and sometimes for sale.

What do you look for to make your gifts/items for sale?

I love finding horse print fabrics and unusual buttons. For using on my bags/purses, I really like finding large unusual buttons, interesting charms or zipper pulls, and vintage pins.

What will your next projects be?

I'm not sure...but will be starting something next week when my current project is finished this weekend.

Hmmmm let me think!!!

An item I'd like to receive and one I like to give... One time I got a nice tie blanket from a Secret Santa on here, I love it! I like to give quilts as gifts. Now wether people like them or not..... who knows! No one in my family sews, so I like to do that at Christmas. I saw in a picture my sister sent me that she had the one I sent her for Christmas. Now she was using it to cover her couch while she was painting, but it was still there! LOL! Now to pop back to the other question "what would you like to receive?" Anything home made!!! I LOVE that kind of stuff!! A family member( cousin to my hubby) has a little store on etsy and she sells aprons. Man I'd love to have one of those, I think they are so cute!!! I'd love for someone to make me a quilt! Or some of those pot holders that Chanda made, LOVE THEM!! I'm not picky I like it all!

What I look for for making items, is, fabrics that I'm just drawn too. I had this beautiful white fabric with navy flowers/roses on it and I just could not stop thinking about it. I went and bought it, sat in my drawer for 2yrs. I just made valances with it!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOL! Now I have this other fabric in my head!!! It's "Day of the dead" fabric that I saw at Joann's. I can't stop thinking about it!!!!! I'm not a dark person by any means, and the colors in this just stood out, I really need this fabric!!!! LOL! I'll get it if it's still there!!!(I promise I won't make valances with the Dead fabric!!! LOL)

I may try and get a pattern for that cute apron, that's my next mission!!! LOL! WOOOO maybe a "Day of the Dead" Apron!!!!!! Oh yeah!!! Now I have a plan!!!! I HAVE to go get that fabric!!! LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see a day of the dead apron!
default_smile.png

Oh Robin I forgot to add all my lovely hand crafted items from you! Those are so special, they are such a part of my everyday life I just think of them as "family". Does that make sense?! Lol

I know! I have to have that fabric!

I never just slap things together. I put time & love into each thing. When I give something as a gift or sell something, it's like sending a kid out into the world! A part of me. I'm so glad you feel that!
default_smile.png

I keep looking at pinterest but haven't joined yet. Going to have to look at it again.

Latest posts

Back