Question concerning bringing horse permanent with AMHA

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHANA

Reaction score
I have a 3 year old stallion, turned 3 in June. I never registered him, he is a homebred. I plan to register him asap. I know it will cost me $60 US to register him but do I pay $60 US to bring him permanent or $120 US to bring him permanent as it says $60 before 6 months and $120 US after 6 months but he was never registered so his papers never expired as I would be registering him and bringing him permanent at same time.

If it's 6 months past his birthday then it's $120, but I believe you have until he's 5, unless I'm off on my yrs. You can go til 5 yrs up til a certain yr of birth, and I think your boy may have made it. I'd call AMHA to check.

l just did a 2 yr. old filly l forgot about because l was sure she'd go over but is well under so paid the late fee was told she had to have hairs for DNA sent in because she had to be PQ'd before she could get her registration.

I plan to get him PQ'd when I send his paperwork in to get registered. My question is do I need to send $60 for permanent status or $120 since he is not yet registered so does not have expired papers??.

l don't know mine was for a 2 year old.. l would imagine being a 3 year old he'd just go perm at the 60.

I believe you need to pay for late registration and also the late temp to perm.

New temp registrations are until age 3, the only exceptions are based on the expiration date printed on the papers. Since he has no papers with an expiration date and new temp papers are for three years, he needed to go perm at 3.

I e-mailed AMHA, So hope they get back to me soon. I already sent all his paperwork in for AMHR. Wish AMHA was cheap like AMHR to bring him permanent if late. lol

If he has never been registered and is past the age of two, he will have to be DNA'd and PQ'd. Along with the fees to register, bring permanent, etc....

Latest posts

Back