Question about the AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes Class

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karin - NaKar Miniatures

Reaction score
The 2009 AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes raised $26,900. I was wondering how much of that money is going toward the Sweepstakes payout and how will it be broken down? Anyone know?

I want to know about the fillies...
default_unsure.png
When are the sweepstakes fillies showing?

On the website it has the details. http://www.miniatureequine.com/sweepstakes/rules10.html

$17,900.00 from auction

$9,000.00 from nominations

$26,900.00 for sweepstakes total

All monies paid for stallion nominations and services collected in 2009 will be jackpotted (less up to 10% for office expenses) for the 2010 Sweepstakes purse.

The Sweepstakes purse will pay 1st through 8th place at the following rates:

1st - 35% (awarded to the foal and stallion owner)

2nd - 20%

3rd - 15%

4th - 10%

5th - 7%

6th - 5%

7th - 4%

8th - 4%

The stallion owner of the 1st place foal will be awarded 10% of the 1st place purse.

Hope that helps.

As I understand it, There are only 2 classes. Fillies and colts together. Once the foals are in and measured, the total will be divided at mid-point.

So according to the figures, each class should get $12,105.

So the first place foal - colt or filly - should get approx. 4,236.75 less 10% paid to stallion owner.

According to the show schedule it looks as if there will only be 2 classes. No division of colts and fillies.

Tuesday Morning 8:30 A.M.

134 A. 2010 AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes Under

134 B. 2010 AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes Over

According to the show schedule it looks as if there will only be 2 classes. No division of colts and fillies.

Tuesday Morning 8:30 A.M.

134 A. 2010 AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes Under

134 B. 2010 AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes Over

Oh... I was reading the "stallion" part as meaning colts - not the class! That'll be a big class... It'll be interesting to watch. I'll be curious to see if the placing foals are mostly colts or fillies.

Latest posts

Back