Question about owning and showing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Bits

Reaction score
Question, Can you show a horse that you do not own?

I thought that it didn't matter as long as the correct name is listed as owners and you have a copy of the registrations. I saw at a recent show people showing other peoples horses. Am I wrong in assuming that one person can own the horse and the other can be the exhibitor. I'm just looking for some clarification.

Yep.

The only limitation that comes to mind is Amateur/AOTE/AOBE/ where you or an immediate family member must own or lease the horse you're showing.

I think Youth only need to own/lease a horse if it's for Nationals or point awards (but that might not be a rule any longer)

No, the person showing the horse does NOT need to be the owner or lessee of the horse, EXCEPT in Amateur type classes.

Think about it... you can send your horse to a trainer, and they show the horse for you.

The important thing in some Registries such as AMHR ... the owner of the horse has to be a current member of AMHR/ASPC to have the All-Star and HOF points count while showing I think.

The person showing the horse though, does not need to be a member of the Registry. This does allow you to invite friends and family to come show... maybe they will want to buy their own horse to show!

Andrea

Latest posts

Back