Question about AMHA's new YOTE and Worlds this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGminiaturehorses

Reaction score
Hey There!

I have a quick question regauring the new YOTE, Youth Owned Trained and Exhibited, AMHA has added at this years world show. I am a youth and have my card for AMHA, and my weanling filly is also registered and under my name. The qualification to show in the 18&under YOTE mares halter class is "0 qualifying points" for this year, so I would be able to show my filly in that class this year, correct? I am also planning to show her in weanlings 26-30".

Thanks ahead of time for any responses!
default_yes.gif

Here's the filly I will be taking:

photo1-1.jpg

Yes you can show her this year. Zero qualifing points means just that, you don't even have to show her anywhere first.

You will need to check on the YOTE however because in order to qualify it falls under the same rules as AOTE and you must have owned and registered the horse in your name prior to Jan 1st of the year to be shown. Or in the case of weanlings, you must have been eligiable to show the mare meaning you would have to have owned the mare as of Jan 1, 2011. But you could take her and show in the regular youth jr mares class!!!

Definately call and make sure the rules on YOTE are the same as I could have misunderstood!!!

Latest posts

Back