Quarter Horse Pedigree

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Kootenay

Reaction score
Here is a pedigree chart for my quarter horse mare based on her, her sire and dam's papers. I was wondering if there was anything that stood out for any of those names. Just curious anyways.

I can provide registration numbers if needed.

Thanks in advance

((Edited to add--I can never get on here until late in the evening to ask anything lately---(too busy round' here)
))

Last edited by a moderator:

Kootenay

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures of Priscilla:

As A Wee Filly:

As A 6 Year Old:--(her legs look funny in that picture--just an odd stance and angle. They are not malformed,,etc---100% sound).

(Word to the wise--don't let your hubby around a camera unless he's trained in the art of photography, or else it leads to blurry/bad pics ).

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan Luszcz

Reaction score
I want to say that Jet Deck was a running stud who did quite well. He was born in 1960, ran 100 times, won 31 times, placed 22, showed 4, had 5 halter points, and won $200,628. He was a bay too if that matters :p His son Easy Jet did even better than him. Both Jet Deck and Easy Jet are in my running stud's pedigree. She looks cute!

Margo_C-T

Reaction score
I'd say she's fairly 'heavy' in racing bloodlines. My history w/ QH goes back too far; the only name I've really familiar with in the pedigree IS Jet Deck! I checked in a couple of my QH books; Jet Deck is by Moon Deck, who was by Top Deck, a TB and renowned sire. Jet Deck went back to Three Bars (TB) and one of the PREMIER sires of QH running horses. The 'Moore' name in the pedigree *might* go back to Joe Moore, son of one of the two historically significant (Little Joe, and Possum)sons of the legendary Traveler! These are lines that contributed significantly to the QH as a breed.

I was 'all about' the QH beginning as a teen in the mid'50s. You are fortunate that your mare is mostly of running bloodlines; because horses HAVE TO at least START with sound conformation in order to race, they have not been 'contaminated' by the monsters of 'halter' that are so often seen now...As a lifelong fan of 'the all-around horse' that the QH was SUPPOSED to be, it make me very sad to see what has happened to so many of them today.

(sidebar: There is a photo of JET DECK, being shown at HALTER by Jerry Wells as a 4 YO-and winning 5 points that summer--in one of my reference books. His conformation is EXCELLENT; one ANY horseman would admire and appreciate!) The accompanying comment states that he stood @ 15.3 and weighed 'around 1100 lbs.'

Your mare looks like a 'genuine' QH--and believe me, I mean that as a HIGH compliment!

Margo

Kootenay

Reaction score
Thanks so much for that information
. I figured this mare has good bloodlines, and yes--I figured she must have racing blood from the way she likes to boogie around the field.

All this just made my day

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Here's some info I found, she carries a lot of racing QH and thoroughbred blood

Jet Deck:

SI-100(AAAT)/ROM Race, 31-22-4-2, $200,625.

AQHA Ch.

AQHA Hall of Fame

In only 8 foal crops, Jet Deck sired the all-time race money earner, Easy Jet, plus progeny that earned more than $6,804,289

On 8/26/1971, Jet Deck was found dead in his paddock, the result of an overdose of barbituates. The killers were never found.

Jet of Honor:

AQHA-0819065

SI-102, 24-8-3-2, $15,778.

#2 all time leading Barrel horse sire. Passed away in 1996.

Gascony:

1899 chestnut thoroughbred

Sugar Dun It was a 1973 red dun QH who was a son of Sugar Bars who had the following credentials:

AQHA Hall Of Fame

SI-95, AAA ROM Race, 30-7-4-7, $3,166

Reserve AQHA Halter Ch (2 pts).

A Leading Sire and Maternal Grandsire Of Race ROM, A Leading Sire Of AQHA Champs, A Leading Sire Of Arena ROM

Died June 6, 1972 (See Legends Vol 2). Sire of Race money earners incl 2 Race Honor Roll; Connie Reba and Vanna Bar.

Sire of AQHA Chs and Arena ROMs incl Honor Roll Reining; Jays Sugar Bars, Honor Roll Halter; Sugar Leda, Hi Pt Calf Roping Gelding; Bar Room, Superior W Pleas; Apollo Girl, Hesa Sugar, Sugars Cookie, Superior Eng Pleas; Bit O Sugar, Superior Reining; Jays Sugar Bars, Sugar Bar Dell, Superior Halter; Bar Flit, Bit O Sugar, Counterplay, Mr Cabin Bar, Otoe, Sugar Capri, Sugar Leda

Sire of NCHA Money earners.Sire of 867 Foals.

Quincy Cocoa was sired by Dividend, a QH who was a leading sire of Race ROMS

If you go to allbreedpedigree, which is what I used to get the info above, there's also pictures of quite a few of the horses in her pedigree as well as horses further back

Kootenay

Reaction score
I've been checking out pictures and info since the crack of dawn
. All this information is giving me chills --(good chills)-- about my mare's history/background . I just knew I didn't have some backyard bred run of the mill horse here, but wasn't truly sure on the extent of her lineage.

So sad about Jet Deck. I found a few pictures of him, and think he was gorgeous. Shame on whoever murdered him--(I bet they knew what type of quality was there, and couldn't stand the thought of him being this popular).

All this information is wonderful

Many, many thanks.

: Kim

Latest posts