Quarter Horse Pedigree

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenay

Reaction score
Here is a pedigree chart for my quarter horse mare based on her, her sire and dam's papers. I was wondering if there was anything that stood out for any of those names. Just curious anyways.

I can provide registration numbers if needed.

Thanks in advance
default_smile.png

PriscillaPedigree.jpg

((Edited to add--I can never get on here until late in the evening to ask anything lately---(too busy round' here)
default_wacko.png
))

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a couple of pictures of Priscilla:

As A Wee Filly:

HoneyBabyPic.jpg

As A 6 Year Old:--(her legs look funny in that picture--just an odd stance and angle. They are not malformed,,etc---100% sound).

Honey.jpg

(Word to the wise--don't let your hubby around a camera unless he's trained in the art of photography, or else it leads to blurry/bad pics ).

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to say that Jet Deck was a running stud who did quite well. He was born in 1960, ran 100 times, won 31 times, placed 22, showed 4, had 5 halter points, and won $200,628. He was a bay too if that matters :p His son Easy Jet did even better than him. Both Jet Deck and Easy Jet are in my running stud's pedigree. She looks cute!

I'd say she's fairly 'heavy' in racing bloodlines. My history w/ QH goes back too far; the only name I've really familiar with in the pedigree IS Jet Deck! I checked in a couple of my QH books; Jet Deck is by Moon Deck, who was by Top Deck, a TB and renowned sire. Jet Deck went back to Three Bars (TB) and one of the PREMIER sires of QH running horses. The 'Moore' name in the pedigree *might* go back to Joe Moore, son of one of the two historically significant (Little Joe, and Possum)sons of the legendary Traveler! These are lines that contributed significantly to the QH as a breed.

I was 'all about' the QH beginning as a teen in the mid'50s. You are fortunate that your mare is mostly of running bloodlines; because horses HAVE TO at least START with sound conformation in order to race, they have not been 'contaminated' by the monsters of 'halter' that are so often seen now...As a lifelong fan of 'the all-around horse' that the QH was SUPPOSED to be, it make me very sad to see what has happened to so many of them today.

(sidebar: There is a photo of JET DECK, being shown at HALTER by Jerry Wells as a 4 YO-and winning 5 points that summer--in one of my reference books. His conformation is EXCELLENT; one ANY horseman would admire and appreciate!) The accompanying comment states that he stood @ 15.3 and weighed 'around 1100 lbs.'

Your mare looks like a 'genuine' QH--and believe me, I mean that as a HIGH compliment!
default_smile.png

Margo

Thanks so much for that information
default_yes.gif
. I figured this mare has good bloodlines, and yes--I figured she must have racing blood from the way she likes to boogie around the field.

All this just made my day
default_biggrin.png

Here's some info I found, she carries a lot of racing QH and thoroughbred blood
default_smile.png

Jet Deck:

SI-100(AAAT)/ROM Race, 31-22-4-2, $200,625.

AQHA Ch.

AQHA Hall of Fame

In only 8 foal crops, Jet Deck sired the all-time race money earner, Easy Jet, plus progeny that earned more than $6,804,289

On 8/26/1971, Jet Deck was found dead in his paddock, the result of an overdose of barbituates. The killers were never found.

Jet of Honor:

AQHA-0819065

SI-102, 24-8-3-2, $15,778.

#2 all time leading Barrel horse sire. Passed away in 1996.

Gascony:

1899 chestnut thoroughbred

Sugar Dun It was a 1973 red dun QH who was a son of Sugar Bars who had the following credentials:

AQHA Hall Of Fame

SI-95, AAA ROM Race, 30-7-4-7, $3,166

Reserve AQHA Halter Ch (2 pts).

A Leading Sire and Maternal Grandsire Of Race ROM, A Leading Sire Of AQHA Champs, A Leading Sire Of Arena ROM

Died June 6, 1972 (See Legends Vol 2). Sire of Race money earners incl 2 Race Honor Roll; Connie Reba and Vanna Bar.

Sire of AQHA Chs and Arena ROMs incl Honor Roll Reining; Jays Sugar Bars, Honor Roll Halter; Sugar Leda, Hi Pt Calf Roping Gelding; Bar Room, Superior W Pleas; Apollo Girl, Hesa Sugar, Sugars Cookie, Superior Eng Pleas; Bit O Sugar, Superior Reining; Jays Sugar Bars, Sugar Bar Dell, Superior Halter; Bar Flit, Bit O Sugar, Counterplay, Mr Cabin Bar, Otoe, Sugar Capri, Sugar Leda

Sire of NCHA Money earners.Sire of 867 Foals.

Quincy Cocoa was sired by Dividend, a QH who was a leading sire of Race ROMS

If you go to allbreedpedigree, which is what I used to get the info above, there's also pictures of quite a few of the horses in her pedigree as well as horses further back

I've been checking out pictures and info since the crack of dawn
default_laugh.png
. All this information is giving me chills --(good chills)-- about my mare's history/background . I just knew I didn't have some backyard bred run of the mill horse here, but wasn't truly sure on the extent of her lineage.

So sad about Jet Deck. I found a few pictures of him, and think he was gorgeous. Shame on whoever murdered him--(I bet they knew what type of quality was there, and couldn't stand the thought of him being this popular).

All this information is wonderful
default_smile.png

Many, many thanks.
default_yes.gif

: Kim

Latest posts

Back