Puppy update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
I just don't know where the past week has gone!! I was at a dog show last weekend with 'Grandma' Moxie, and 'Auntie' Lainey. Lainey earned her CGC (Canine Good Citiazen) Certificate last Friday!!!! I was VERY, VERY happy to get that with her, as we have had some shyness & stress issues with her thanks to a judge we were under a year and a half ago! So the fact that she kept it together long enough to get that was a HUGE deal for her!

Moxie is out of her grieving (it has been a rough year for her, and she's lost some pretty important 'doggy' friends of hers) and has decided that yes, she'd like to be a show dog again!!! She picked up 2 more points towards her US Championship!!! YAHOO!!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
I was going to pack in showing her if she hadn't perked up this past weekend....I don't enjoy 'dragging' a dog around the ring, and that was basically how she's shown this year so far. So I was again VERY HAPPY to see she is back to her old self and enjoying things again! She had such a good time both days that we showed!

And last but definitely not least, 'little' Cash opened his eyes on the weekend....while I was away of course!!!! He is starting to motor around a bit now...he hasn't quite figured out escaping the whelping box yet, he's not too far off though
default_rolleyes.gif
Still working on a good registration name for him....

20090928_1817.jpg

20090928_1816.jpg

My niece decided Sparta needed to meet Cash.....

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

Thanks for looking!

~kathryn

Awww, what a cutie he is!

Congratulations!! on the showing and so glad to hear that Moxie enjoyed herself. I love reading about your furry friends.

How adorable..... Really cute!!!!! Congrat's on showing too!!!!! TJ

Thanks everyone!!

He is turning into a silly puppy....starting to chew on Momma Jane, trying to bounce at her...he is pretty funny. He's going to be trucked everywhere with me pretty soon. He isn't happy staying in the whelping box alone, and Jane is sick of being confined, so he'll come down to the workshop and hang out in the ex-pen there....more interaction that way.

I've decided that ONE puppy is MORE work than nine....only in the sense that I have to be creative in keeping him stimulated.....nine puppies were a lot of work, but at least they played and entertained themselves....

~kathryn

Question here. I am looking at the pictures and checking out Cash's paws. Is that nice "thickness" in all pups this age? With none to compare with I am not sure if I am seeing something real or hoped for. I'm also awaiting his "orange" points...still looking brindle. When does that happen?

Thanks for sharing, Kathryn. It looks more and more like you got exactly what you wanted.
default_smile.png

Good questions gimp!!

Colour, yes, he is a tri....I did ask 5 different breeders
default_blush.png
just to be sure...then had the brilliant idea to check the pictures from Moxie's litter, since 5 out of 9 were black & white with brindle points. None of those 5 had points when they were born, that was the first clue, and even by the age that Cash is now, the brindle points were barely starting to show on the ones with more 'expressive' points (what I mean by that is, Jane has more expressive brindle points than many, where as on Lainey, you can hardly see her brindle points). I don't know how bright or orange Cash's points will be, and I know the black in it will change as he continues to grow up. Looking at his legs right now, his tan points will be 'muddy' looking on his legs, and possibly that way closer to his nose, but his cheeks should clear to a solid tan of some degree.

As for bone, I'm not totally sure on that one. I *think* he has thicker paws & legs than Moxie's litter had....but again, I'm just guessing. And looking at the picture of Moxie's litter, they all looked roughly the same in thickness of bone comparing each puppy, but I still think Cash's legs are thicker than they were!!! But I don't know if I'm just HOPING it's there too!
default_wink.png
I will say one thing, he definitely has shorter legs than Moxie's litter had! Which is ok with me....I wouldn't have wanted longer legs than I have on my girls. But I don't know if that is making his legs look chunkier as well......and the fact that he is F.A.T!!!!!!!!!!

This is a picture of Moxie's gang at one day older than Cash is today. (That's Lainey front & centre on the left, then Delilah next to her...Lily is above Lainey, kind of by herself...and I am pretty sure that is Jane at Moxie's head!) Cash sure is A LOT fatter than that gang was!!!!!!

IMG_3281.jpg

~kathryn

Latest posts

Back