Proudly introducing LJ Creekside's first 2010 foal!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilnickers

Reaction score
Her is our first 2010 foal (no name yet!) She was born Thursday night.

Pomainvilles Daisy Mae (silver buckskin pinto) X

Kays MLF Alfa High Hopes (chestnut pinto).

I used the Mother Nature strips for the first time. Her udder was 1/2 full, but she was otherwise acting normally. Her milk was very sticky. I told my husband that she was not going to fool me this year! The strip read 95% ready, foaling within 12 hours. So I set the camera by my seat in the living room as we watched a movie. She started getting restless, up and down,walking around. Then she laid flat out... I told hubby, "Ok, this is it, I'm heading to the barn!!" I get all uptight and anxious right before they foal, it is always scary when I have to intervene or call the vet. I tried to stay calm....she was down having strong contractions...finally I saw the white bubble! One hoof, nose, then another hoof! Textbook delivery...that's my girl! (3 1/2 hours after testing!)

This filly is sooo sassy and just full of attitude. She kicks her mama before she has a drink everytime. She is so cute at only 19 ".

Daisy is a great mama and a great horse overall. She is my favorite mare.

Thank you for letting me share
default_biggrin.png

crop1.jpg

crop2.jpg

crop4.jpg

crop3.jpg

Oops, I forgot to ask:

To all the color experts, what do you think her color would be called? She is strangely colored... buckskin, yet has a dark large spot on her back. The silver gene always makes things confusing!(for me anyway)

Ohhhhh, she's beautiful! I love the buckskins, and pinto to top it off! Congratulations on your 'sassy' little girl!

Pam

Congratulations
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
She is so precious and gorgeous at the same time. I just LOVE
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
her. Buckskin Pinto
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
my kind of baby. CONGRAT'S!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! A filly... pinto... buckskin... textbook delivery... right when expected... adorable.... with attitude..

I would say that you hit the jackpot!

Oh WOW!! What a little gem - she's gorgeous
default_wub.png

Many congrats
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Anna

Back