Presentation Ideas.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foster Woods Miniatures

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm giving a presentation to a local 4H club soon and I would like to a know a few things that would be something good to put in it. Its about minis (of course) and I already have a few things:

Comparison of big versus small (equines)

Standard of perfection

I will also have a brief "show prep" demo.

What else would be good?

This is to get more people involved in Mini's, as at the county fair last year we didnt have our own class....

Thanks for any help I recieve!

That should be interesting!

Do you have an issue of the Miniature Horse magazine to show?

You could show a miniature halter and a large horse halter to illustrate size.

Photos of the different things they do, such as visiting schools and nursing homes, harness work, jumping...

Ask your local vet for ideas, such as differences in doses for medications.

Is this presentation with or without horse? If without, which I'm assuming, you could write up the history of the mini, and tell about the devopment of the breed. If you have time you could contatct the AMHR office and tell them you would like some brochures to pass out, they will send them.

I would play it up big on CARE of the Miniature Horse and dispell some of the myths such as A. The smaller the better and B. They act like dogs etc. Things like that.

. I would explain the dangers of over exposure to grass and how it can easily cause founder. Since so many people think they can buy them to use as a lawn mower, you can print off some good information at www.safergrass.org

Why body clipping is important in the summer

How they can be shown and do almost anything a big horse can

Make a little brochure with FAQS to hand out and you can go to AMHA or AMHR for that info

I think you are in a wonderful position to do a great service to the breed. Go for it!

Latest posts

Back