Pregnant coming 2 year old???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D W 2

Reaction score
I bought a filly that was born in May 2009 I believe and she looks pregnant to me, I tried a weefoal 38 and I to me it looked like 2 lines but one was faint? is it possible that she is bred??? and if so has anybody ever foaled out one of these guys.... I think that she is 30 - 31 inches tall and has a good hip on her, I am just worried about her, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Can you post a photo of the Wee Foal test? If the filly was turned out with a colt or stallion, she could be bred. She could also just have a belly or look like she does because of her winter coat. How long have you had her?

If she is starting to show a belly due to a pregnancy chances are she would be past 38 days which would mean that the Wee Foal 38 would give you a false result. I would post pics on here and get a wee foal 120 to test her with.

I have had her since August, and I think that her belly is growing, I would have to order in a weefoal 120 to test her and I didnt take a picture of the wee foal 38 and I did it in early december... I thought that if she was bred it would have been later but I am not sure. I will try and take pictures of her and get them up here tomorrow!!

If she is starting to show a belly due to a pregnancy chances are she would be past 38 days which would mean that the Wee Foal 38 would give you a false result. I would post pics on here and get a wee foal 120 to test her with.

The WeeFoal38 accurately tests for pregnancy 38-120 days. You use the WeeFoal120 120 days and after.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being she is 30"-31" at 2 years old, should be fine.

My mares are 30"-32" as adults.

I have had 2 foals born safe & healthy without any problems.

Not saying I would recommend this at all.

If registered AMHA no problem but AMHR will not allow foal to be registered.

Good Luck
default_wub.png
& looks like Congratulations might be in order.

Can you post a pic of the mare? It might help determine if its just hair, winter weight or more going on.

The bigger question is if she is bred what is she bred to? Height and bone of the stallion on a young and small mare can make a big differance on that first delivery especially.

I bought a mare that turned 2 in April, and that same August, she had a beautiful filly, all on her on, She did fine, got right back in foal, and has had a baby for the past 6 years, no problems. Her name is Cool Creeks Ramblin Rose, Snowfire miniatures owns her now. She walks by a stallion and gets pregnant, has them out in the field all by herself, brings the baby with her to the barn for dinner. Definately my definition of a brood mare! If all my broodmares were like Rose, my life would be much easier. Certainly you do not have an ideal situation, but not a disaster either. I am sure she will be fine, just feed her well, and be there to be supportive!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back