Pregnancy Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveMyGelding

Reaction score
Today was my 36 week doctor's visit. It has been a rough last two weeks for me because I got so dehydrated that I almost went into labor and I've been swelling more than usual. Today my blood pressure was really high and I have protein in my urine. I've been having pretty bad headaches and nausea lately too. I have to do some tests to see if I have preeclampsia toxemia and if I do then we will be delivering my little guy on Friday. My doctor isn't too concerned about delivering this early as the last ultrasound (which was last week) looks good. So please keep my family and I in your prayers especially on Friday. I've never had major surgery before so that on top of becoming a new mom is really stressing me out! I'm in a major nesting mode right now so that isn't helping at all. I'm supposed to be taking it easy but I can't seem to sit still. My new job is turning out wonderful! I've been there 3 weeks now and already missed 2 days (will be 3 tomorrow). My boss keeps telling me that it's ok to miss days that they knew it would happen when they hired me. Also, she says that as long as I come out healthy and I have a happy and heatlhy baby out of all of this then that's all they are concerned about. How wonderful is that? I'm loving my new job and the people that I work with. Please keep my baby and I in your prayers that we don't have to have a c-section!

Been there, done that, and have a gorgeous little healthy baby born at 36 weeks for both our sake by c-section.

You will be alright, but follow the doctor's orders (I didn't, and it ended up w/an ambulance ride to the nearest big city for emergency c-section) and rest, relax, put your feet up and try to focus on that little baby. Nothing is as important that needs doing other than having that healthy baby and you, too, because you're gonna need your rest and your strength.
default_smile.png

I know it's hard, but it will work out ok. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Liz M.

36 weeks is good! It's right about "Fully cooked" but not yet at "nicely browned" :p

C-sections aren't as awful as a lot of people think, but let me tell you, WATCH IT when you get home. I -still- have times when I have pulled muscles due to what I think were adhesions during recovery- I went home, and even though I took it easy, I felt more then one "tear" as I moved. It got better, I'm 100% now, just the occasional pulled muscle.

I actually found the c-setion was the worst in the hospital while the staples were in. After those were out it was LOADS better -.- They'll want you to get up and move afterwards though, a lot. Up and down the hallway and stuff.

Good luck
default_smile.png
They were worried about me- my blood pressure was high for most the later stages of pregnancy. That mixed with my gestational diabetes was cause for warning. Nathan ended up being induced (Sorta) when one of our daily Non-stress tests wouldn't work. They couldn't get enough readings in 15min. Sooo into the hospital for an Ultrasound... he wasn't moving hardly at all.

Of course, he woke up later that day -.- And got "Stuck' during labor (asaclitic ... sp? I have NO idea) and ended up being a c-section. There's a lot more to the story, but those are the bare bones... LOL PM me if you wanna talk about it more.

Honestly, don't stress about it- They will do everything to help you and your baby. I wish you and yours the best with this, and hope the outcome is good- as they say, "More time is always good" ... unless you go past the 40th week.

Thank you all so much! I have to work in the morning and our appointment is at 3:45 so we'll find out then if we're going to deliver this weekend! Part of me wants this over with so bad because of the problems I've had in the last week. The other part of me doesn't because I'm still very nervous about having major surgery!

Cassie,

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today and just know that whatever the doctor decides its in the best interest of you and that beautiful little baby of yours. I know you're scared, and justifiably so, but you're going to be a GREAT Mom and there's nothing like feeling the love you're about to feel to diminish some of the pain that is involved with a section. I'll be waiting, like a cat on a hot tin roof, for an update on you and your little bundle. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

HUGS

Jodi

I wish I saw this eariler.

I've had 2 C sections. I survived! You'll do ok, promise.

Please give an update!

I didn't get to see the actual doctor today because he was off with two deliveries. But my test results came back negative for preeclampsia toxemia :aktion033: and they decided to let nature take its course! So now it is up to little Ryder to decide when he's ready to come out. It's a big relief to say the least! Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers. 3 weeks and 3 days to go until our due date!

I had toxemia and they threw my really really really big butt in the hospital. If it comes back and they do that to you, don't freak. Just go with it and lay there and let them do their thing and spoil you. I guess they told you to lay off the salt and keep your feet up.

If you end up with a C-section, don't freak over that either. Happens a lot. You count backwards from 10 and don't make it to 9 and boom, you got a baby!

OK keep us posted and remember no matter what, no freaking out, but griping and whining is 100% mandatory!

Latest posts

Back