pregnancy pics of my mare Star, we are getting close, WE HAVE WAX!! Now we have FOAL :D

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey chilam ,

She is looking great . Not long to wait now . Have someone with her when you can't be . She's looking very close to me .

Best of luck
default_smile.png

She's close, good luck. I've got one at pH 6.8 with a vulva like that too. It's hard when you know it's close but still could be days away, or minutes. LOL

threee days since we had 6,8.. Slowly going down. 7,5 is the max i had from this one, and that was like month or two ago. that was just curious test, now 5 days taken test once a day.

I'd start taking it morning and evening, as she looks like she could make the final changes very quickly. Please keep a close eye -- these girls can go without any noticeable changes.....just ZOOM! Time to foal!

my test wont measure "better", ph is lowest what my test shows, and calsium is way more that test can see. So maybe i dont need to look so often.. milk looks ready, and my test wont do better than it is already.. So ph 6,4 now, maybe less, and calsium waaay over 300. Tested 13hours ago.

Star is just eating, farting and sleeping. Evening here in finland.

At 6.4 she it could be today or at most only a day or two away, although we've seen these ladies go down within foaling range, and then rise again. Keep us posted, and watch her very carefully for any other behavior that seems different somehow. Sometimes they get very clingy before foaling. Each girl is different, of course, so watch for anything that seems unlike her "normal" behavior !

Hoping that tonight is the night for you! Good luck and safe foaling.
default_yes.gif

Not yet! Is she gonna foal a yeti or what is taking so long.

Couple pictures. 333 days now.

How do you thin of the color of the milk? Getting ready too?

akollaasi sivu.jpg

akollaasi utare.jpg

akollaasi maito.jpg

She's certainly ready -- she's just decided to hold out.....what for, we can only guess! LOL

We have WAX!!

Udder is guite big, and shiny, and we have wax! Maybe tonigt? Sure hope so!

s334.JPG

u334.JPG

Keep an eye tonight. Missy waxed up Saturday morning, foaled 1am Sunday morning! ;)

Star har littlebit wax 13pm as i checked. 6am at morning had not. Now she had those at 18pm, 1½ hours ago. I´m glad i dont have to go to work for couple days now, so timing is good if she foals now!

Dont leave her for a second - remember they can foal during the day as well as at night.

Good luck and payers for a safe smooth foaling.
default_yes.gif
default_pray.gif

Glad you have work off for a couple days, and hopefully you're busy now welcoming a new foal!

Sending more prayers for an uneventful and happy foaling of a healthy little one!
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif

5 am we had little stallion, handsome, curious, and speedy. Everything went allright, Star was in pain and agry first few hours so I milked her and bottlefed boy. He aint still sucking udder, but now mare is milking better, so mabe we get him to udderfeeding from bottlefood. He had enough colostrum, consulted vet.

Mireo Cerhas Falma 4.JPG

Mireo Cerhas Falma 2.JPG

Mireo Cerhas Falma 6.JPG

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a handsome little boy! Give momma some Banamine if you haven't already. The dosage is 1cc/100 pounds. You can use the 'injectable' banamine....draw it up, remove the needle and squirt it in her mouth. Works very well that way as the mouth with all its mucous membranes absorbs it very quickly. It tastes horrible and she will make a funny face, but that's fine.

Is she being motherly to him? Sometimes these little ones take a little time to figure out the nursing, but hopefully he'll catch on quickly, and she'll let him nurse if she's not in pain.

VERY cute little guy!! Congratulations again.

Last edited:
Congrats, your wait is finally over and it looks like all went well and you have a good looking little colt
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back