Precious is foaling!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never been able to view the cam in the last weeks of posts (some firewall at work most likely). Is the cam still down/off?

I sure hope we get good news soon! This has been a long wait without updates. Was hoping to see someone post that the cam was back up and beautiful foal in the shot......

Praying for a good outcome and some news soon!

default_pray.gif

Still praying for Joanne, Precious and her foal, but am afraid that the news won't be good.

Barbie

I am operating on about an hours sleep. But I wanted to touch basis with all of you.

[/COLOR]
We lost them both. The foal was dead when she went into labor. All four legs were in various stages in the pelvis. The foal was upside down. The head and front legs had turned into position to foal, but the muzzle was caught under the pelvic rim. I had no muzzle, just the crown of the head. We tried here to reposition, then went on to two other vet practices several hours away. The last vet was able to get the foal repositioned and out, but Precious' gut came out as well. We euthanize her a few minutes later.

I knew the foal was dead. Just did not expect to loose the mare as well. A first for us.

Thank you all for watching with me. I am unable to read your comments right now without crying, but I will read every one of them. I promise.

Last edited by a moderator:
:No- Oh no........I am sooo sorry for your loss.

I logged on like everyone else here on the forum every time I had a chance to check in on Precious.

I will send prayers your way......to be with you during this sad time....

default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Joanne -

I am so, so terribly sorry for your loss of both your mare and foal...I wish my words could help you right now... please know you are in my thoughts and prayers and again, I am so sorry...

Liz R.

Oh Joanne, I'm so very very sorry for your terrible losses ((((((HUGS)))))))

So very sorry joanne what a terrible loss

I woke up about a half hour after she went into labor

I didn't think things looked good then but prayed for them

and your family for a good outcome

So sorry again for your loss
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Losing a foal is bad enough, but to lose your mare is just tragic.
default_crybaby.gif

Every person thinking about breeding their mare should read this thread. Even with a lot of experience, bad things can and sometimes do happen, especially when you are dealing with a "man-made" breed like the miniature horse.

I feel so badly for you; what an awful way for you to end your breeding season. (((((HUGS)))))

Shoot...This is what I knew had happened in my gut, but my heart was so hoping for a different outcome..I knew after seeing no legs or head that it was bad..I'm so very sorry for the loss of your mare and foal...You guys were doing an amazing job trying to reposition the foal...Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair..Please take care of yourself...I know your pain well..

Latest posts

Back