Prayers Please.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dynamic Duo

Reaction score
On this past Friday night, one of our donkeys was attacking a new foal he was penned with. Little Mario, age 9 or 10, was sent in to get the baby and the donkey attacked him. They took him to the ER with a severly cut up arm (from the donkey biting him), wounds from the donkey biting him in his face, including one that went all the way through, and deep bruises and a few cuts on his leg.

He got 15 sutures in his face and was transferred to one of the Childrens Hospitals downtown. When they got there, they took more X-Rays of his arm and more CAT scans of his jaw. Havent heard anything about the jaw ones.

Even through all the morphine they were giving him, his arm was killing him and they found out why upon looking at the X-Rays. He had 2 foreign objects inbedded in his arm. They removed them via surgery yesterday morning. Last I heard he was just getting out of surgery.

He is a tough kid. Didnt cry throughout the stitches or anything even though he was in so much pain. His 2 year old brother saw everything and the next day told his sister that "The donkey tried to eat brothers face."
default_no.gif

Just Please please please pray for him. His mom is totally guilt ridden because she couldnt hold back the 750lb+ donkey.

I'll keep everyone updated

Yeah. The scary thing is, we had the donkey at a HEB company picnic last weekend as part of the petting zoo and he was fine. Something about the new foal just set him off.
default_sad.png

Oh no, how awful!! Sending prayers for Mario's full recovery! What a terrifying experience that must have been for him!

Poor little thing.

Prayers sent. Hope he comes thru okay.

default_wub.png

Bonnie

We are keeping brave little Mario in our thoughts and prayers! Hoping to hear some good news soon.

Sending prayers for Mario...please keep us updated. What a nightmare for him and his family.

Blessings and prayers for the poor thing. I hope the terror and pain doesnt turn him away from animals.

His mama had no idea, I hope her emotions of guilt go away.

Prayers for Little Mario.

I don't know what gets into them but have a friend who has donkeys and when put in a pasture with a mare they knew, they attacked and killed her foal. They were always very kind animals.
default_sad.png

Robin

He's coming home today!!! And he's also asking when he can ride again but it may be a while due to having surgery to remove 2 foreign objects from his arm from the attack.
default_biggrin.png

Prayers sent for the little guy. Hope all goes well and this won't turn him off of horses.

Latest posts

Back