Prayers please for my step-daughter and her boyfriend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michele-

I just saw your post- prayers sent your way.

Please call if you need anything- I live about 100 miles from you, is all.

Peggy

oh my
default_no.gif
im soooo sorry sending prayers

Thank you so much everyone, your prayers are helping!!!! Cortney is doing a little better, she stayed awake longer today, Jon had a bit of a rough night with her, but today she seemed alot better, they are trying her with drinking liquids and she did good, and then tried some soft foods and she is eating.... She still kinda is in and out......she says things that are totally off the wall, but then will say things that make sense too......it is just taking time with the head injury........but she is for sure doing better........she is answering questions with the right answers, she is giving us kisses when we ask for them........she complains of lots of pains, which is totally to be expected, her back was hurting, and I rubbed it for a long time, and she didn't want me to stop..........she got to see her little sister today, which made them both cry, but she told Tana she loved her and missed her and that helped Tana alot, as she has been sooo worried about her big sister. And she is recognizing people, I think she has done well since Sat........and hopefully by the weekend she will be even better. They may move her out of ICU tomorrow.
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
Please keep praying because I really believe in the power of prayer!

We got to go see Ty tonight too, he is out of ICU, and he is on a physical therapy floor........he has a very long road ahead of him, but he vows he will not lay in a bed or be wheelchair bound..........he will walk again.............and I really pray that that will happen.........He loves to hunt and he said he cannot shoot the BIG BUCKS from a wheelchair..........but Jon told him even if he has to be in one for awhile, He will camoflauge the wheelchair for him! That made him laugh. All he thinks about is Cortney, I about cried when I seen he has a huge senior picture of her blew up in a frame so he can see it from his bed. I hope they both get better so they can spend a little time together.

Thanks again everyone that has been saying prayers...........and thank you to everyone who has offered their support, I cannot tell you how much it means to me!
default_wub.png
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank God they are both doing better. I pray that they will both make a complete recovery and be together soon.

Barbie

So glad to hear they are doing better! That is so romantic that he has the big picture of her to look at. It is usually the other way around. Wow! I have tears in my eyes too, thinking about that. My SIL was in a really bad car accident at about the same age. Her boyfriend and best friend were killed. She had major brain injuries and back injuries and she was on life support. They didn't think she would survive, gave her last rights, called the whole family to take her off life support and let her die but when they took her off life support she kept on breathing and had brain activity. She survived, went through college. Highest marks in her class everytime and has a terrific job, two beautiful boys (which they told her she should never have children due to the back injury) and is happily married. Your daughter will do great because it sounds like she has the will. Hugs to you all! I'll be watching for future updates!!

SO SO glad both kids are improving!! lots of good thoughts and prayers going out to you and PaintedM, what a truly inspiring story!
default_aktion033.gif

Continued prayers for all of you! I'm so happy to hear they are doing better! The human body can recover from terrible trauma and go on to live normally and I pray this will be the case with them. I was in a really bad accident just after we were married, had a severe back injury and was told I would never carry children and then another accident 2 years ago where I had a severe head injury and was told I wouldn't be able to return to work for several years at the very best (if I was lucky) and would have lasting damage, that my pregnancy would not go to term and if it did my child would have serious developmental delays from all the medications for my head injury. Well... I was back at work in 4 months, have a healthy very advanced (already walking and talking) little girl that just turned 1 and am pregnant with my 4th child. I have some lasting issues from both accidents but nothing that I can't deal with. The treatments, therapy programs they have, the human spirit and prayer can do amazing things.

Please keep us updated on their progress.

Head trauma has to be the hardest thing to deal with.......she is having a heck of a time, it is like she starts to do good, then things go backwards.......she had a tough time last night....
default_sad.png
My husband is really having a very hard time.......we both stayed up with her all night long.....and are exhausted. There is a possibility we may move her to another rehab center that specializes more in head trauma, but she needs to make more progress first.........Ty is going to also be moved to a rehab that specializes in the care he needs.........these two kids still need lots of prayers...I know Cortney is trying to come back to us fully, but it just takes time for the healing, and it is pretty hard to watch her as she struggles to keep her eyes open, and to understand what is going on.....she is frustrated as well.......she makes comments like she is not normal, and she doesn't know why...and is very emotional, it just tears your heart out.

Michele, It will take some time and day by day for sure. Remember baby steps and I know it is exhausting for you and Jon

Sending prayers for healing your way. It is a parent's nightmare, for sure. My nephew spent a month at the regional trauma center after his car accident, he is doing better now but does have a lifetime of pain to deal with. Such a horrible thing to happen to a young person.

Continued prayers for Cortney and Jon - Thanks for keeping us posted. I think about these two kids often and hope so much that they can heal and more forward from this.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Latest posts

Back