Prayers Needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to hear your boy is hurt. That sure is good you were there to help him right away. I hope he mends up quickly.

I am really worried for your boy and hope he gets through the night ok.

Watch for drooling (difficulty swallowing) since he had a neck/head injury---I know you will.

Take care- please let us know how he is in the morning.

Peggy

What's his heart rate ? That will give you a better idea of whether he's in a lot of pain.

He sounds more shocky than anything else.

Let us know how he is in the morning.

I am sorry to hear about your colt. I hope that he is much better this AM.

Please let us know?

Beth

It's morning now and I checked this thread to see how y'all made the night.

Please update us on his condition.

Praying for good news.

So sorry to hear this happened.

How is he today??

I am sending prayers to you all.

Missy

Just reading this now Hon, you did great! Let us know how he is and in the meantime, sending the help and hugs.

You did such a great job of dealing with the situation on your own while you waited to hear from the vet. I do hope Gaurdian is improved this morning, add me to the list hoping for an update on his condition.
default_pray.gif

Oh my!!! Sounded so scary for you and Guardian. It was so lucky that you were there to help him. I'm sending prayers
default_pray.gif
and I hope everything is better for him this morning. Please update us when you can.

Ok, first off I just now got to sit down at the computer, I am so sorry I haven't wrote sooner! Thanks so much for all the prayers. So far he's doing better, but his front right leg he really isn't wanting to put weight on. Our vet said it may just be sore and for me do, what we did last night for him, and to make sure to keep him in the stall tonight too and watch him. At least his fever, heart rate, ect is fully back to normal. I just hope it isn't serious with the leg. I do know that if its not better by tommorrow we have him an appointment for X-Rays, may go do that for precaution anyway. Thanks so much keep it up. Gaurdain says thanks too. I'm so worried, just hope the worst is over.

Edited to add, some of the cuts went through the first layers of skin into the muscle on that leg.. we are keeping the wound clean. Being told he'll never be a halter horse again due to the possibility of scarring, I do not care though. I just want him well, healthy and sound!

Last edited by a moderator:
My mare recently cut one of her legs pretty badly, and she kept the weight off of it most of the time. She was just being protective and it was sore. Hope the same is true for your little guy. X-Rays can't hurt, that way you're certain. I'm glad to hear he is doing better and that his injuries were not worse from such a scary accident! I'll keep him in my thoughts.

Hey everyone I just wanted to give a quick update then I'm headed back out to the barn with a sleeping bag tonight! Well he is still really sore on that leg, and all of a sudden refuses grain. He hasn't got any signs of colic, but I am going to monitor that all night because him refusing hay maybe, but grain thats a different story. On the plus side he is drinking lots of liquid. I put some gatorade in it to help with dehidration. Gotta Run-Sarah

I just saw your post....My Goodness the messes they can get into! Praying for a speedy recovery for your boy. Please keep us posted on how he is doing....Theresa

Prayers sent your way that your horse has a full recovery. Please keep us posted.

Hon, best to have a vet take a look at that leg ok? Hope to have an update soon, you're a good horse mom.

Hey Sarah, wow now I feel bad that I didn't notice this thread earlier!! Me & Elvis send our prayers to your guy! And Elvis says he hopes his old buddy get better ASAP!
default_wink.png
default_pray.gif

My prayers are with you Sara. Try to get some rest, know that your being lifted up in prayer by many a horse person here both you and Guardian. I'm so sorry that happened. Lot's of hugs, TJ I don't understand why they couldn't have done plastic surgery on the cuts. One of my show horses I had at the time got kicked in the head and they did plastic surgery on him and he was able to show again. Anyway, I was just wondering.....

Latest posts

Back