Prayers Needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah's Little Blessings

Reaction score
Hey, you all have been so nice in the past here on the forum, for all of use who need prayers and positive thoughts. Well its my turn.

Guardian had a terrible accident this evening
default_no.gif
. He and Cochise was feeling good today because it was 45 degrees and they were doing what they had done every day its been around this temperature, PLAYING!. I noticed out the kitchen window so I went out in hopes to take some great action shots and watch them play as I love seeing the run around, kick, buck and snort as most of ya'll probably do too
default_wub.png
. Well they are on about an acre and its oblong so hard to explain, but when one is in sight you can't fully see the other one. Anyway, they all of a sudden split up, so I said "GREAT I can get a picture of Cochise while he is down at this end" about the time I go to take a picture of him, I head this AWFUL blunderment. I thought to myself OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Well Oh no was right! I ran flying as I seen Guardian hung in the fence. Even though we have a cattle panel fence it was still bad. Somehow he had got his head and neck hung in between the t-post and the two panels by busting off those tie thing's , had his front legs caught in between the panel bars, and yet he wasn't moving. I was praying "God I know this has to be a nightmare , it just has to be or else he's broke his neck!" Well I go up to him and he is one who runs away at the sight of a lead rope(I am still working on the trust factor) and as I approach still no movement, I just knew he was dead then. Well here I go to get his neck out from in between the panels and he starts struggling some so he gets his head out but almost rips a whole though his chin area, then I get one leg out he pulls the other leg out, gets up and starts acting like he is going to faint, well he does and down again. Mind you, I am all by myself , freaking out, trying to stay calm. Well I get him up and he walks with me to his stall, where is standing and eating some, but has blood running down his shoulder and leg area, and his mouth, I run to go get the cordless phone call the vet no answer, call the vets cell still no answer, so I did what I could. Grabbed the tetanus shot gave it too him, then sprayed his wounds with some of that liquid bandage stuff and antibiotic cream get it to stop bleeding(and thank GOD!) then went to go call again, still no answer so I went ahead and gave him a good dose of antibiotics and as of right now he standing and eating some but will not hardly move and I'm going to go check on him around every 30 mins to an hour to see what I can do to help while I try to get in contact with the vet(why do things always happen on weekends!). Anyhow, I'm hoping since he is up and eating that it will be ok, its a big nightmare so just send prayers my way, I'll keep ya'll updated. Thanks so much and God Bless-Sarah
default_wub.png

Edited to Add, he did already have a 6 in 1 shot with tetanus shot in it, but thought is wouldn't hurt to give him a boster since it was wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_pray.gif
Wow....prayers going our for you and your little guy for sure..It sounds as if you were certainly prepared and acted very quickly and responsibly on his behalf..Good luck and prayers for a speedy recovery for your littly guy.

Oh! I sure hope he's okay!!! Dang critters! They always manage to do it when you are all alone and the vet isn't answering!!!
default_wacko.png
Keep us updated!!!

So, so sorry to hear-- please do keep us informed. I hope your vet can be reached soon.

default_pray.gif

Peggy

Prayers for your little guy. Hopefully, you will get ahold of your vet soon. Hope he is okay.

Prayers and thinking of you right now... do you have any banimine for pain. just might help...plus will help in swelling. should check temp. and gums

Keep us posted...
default_no.gif

Well did check the temp. and he is a little high but they said thats to be expected, I gave him a shot of pain killer(banamine sp?) and the vet said just to watch him all night. Looks like it will be a very long night. If he is still doing about the same or better tommorrow he will be ok, if he gets worse "GET HIM TO THE VET" is what we got. So I'll be up tonight watching him. Thanks so much for all of ya'lls support. At least his gum color is good and his stool is still ok. TTYS-Sarah

Ouch! The Banamine is probably the best thing you could have done for him and will help with swelling and stiffness. Make sure he's got plenty of tepid water to drink since you want to keep him hydrated to prevent stress colic.

Good thoughts for a quick recovery!

Leia

OMG how scary... and of course they do it when you are alone. At least you were there, as scary as it was! Hope he is just sore and feels better tomorrow!

Sending prayers and well wishes to Guardian! Hope he is okay!!! Poor boyo.
default_sad.png

That sounds awful.
default_new_shocked.gif
I hope he is ok
default_unsure.png
When my gelding banged his nose and possibly broke it, the banamine and steroids helped, as well as antibiotics just in case. You might think about something like gastroguard if he is on it for very long too, they can be irritating to the gut if repeated doses are needed, Good luck!
default_pray.gif

Barb

Latest posts

Back