Prayers needed for our filly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triplethorsefarm

Reaction score
Our sweet Queenie, who was our red bag success baby, is in the hospital. Apparently momma's colostrum wasn't quite good enough and she has developed an infection in her GI tract and is possibly becoming septic
default_no.gif

She is in great hands with Dr. France at the Equine Hospital in Arkansas. They have her on IV fluids, anitboitics, etc. please pray forour sweet girl. She has already made a large place in our hearts. Thanks in advance for your kind words and thoughts.

Update:

I just spoke with Dr. France and he said Queenie is holding her own
default_rolleyes.gif

She has been up several times this morning and is nursing on her own. He is continuing the IV fluids and keeping a close eye on her. She still has the diarrhea but is urinating on her own. He saus she hasn't been down as much as she was, so we are continuing to be hopeful and ask for God's grace. Thank you for your sweet words. It is comforting to know others are thinking good thoughts

Update- 2-3-10

Queenie made it through another night! She is nursing strong and becoming more active. He wants to keep her on IV fluids and antibiotics for a couple more days. When we had her blood tested Monday night she had a very low white blood count, so he is going to retest her blood Thursday morning to check for improvements. She is proving to be a real fighter. Thanks for your prayers.....keep them coming
default_biggrin.png

Update 3-4-10

Good news on Miss Queenie! The Dr. said she is running like a race horse in her stall and bucking like crazy. The blood work still shows a low WBC count, but he thinks it is just taking her a bit longer to build it back up. He is going to finish up her IV antibiotics tomorrow and then watch her over the weekend to see how she does without the meds. SO, fingers crossed she will be able to come home on Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no, I hope they can get little Queenie back on the right track.

Oh Theresa. Sending prayers your way for a speedy recovery for your little one.

Kareng

Oh no! Hope the vets can get her coming around the right way. Thoughts and prayers for you and Queenie.

Praying that the little one is a fighter.

Hugs for you and prayers for little Queenie and her Momma are on their way from across the 'pond'.

Anna

Your little Queenie will be in my thoughts and prayers.

It is simply amazing how these little ones can grab our hearts and make a place for themselves when they are only minutes old.

Charlotte

Oh no, the little girl just has to make it! Sending prayers that Queenie gets better!

Oh no!!!!!!!!! I hope she will be ok!!! Are they SURE that is what it is? I hope she has a full and quick recovery!

Glad to hear there is some improvement - that is GOOD news!

Latest posts

Back