Prayers needed for my "big" horse Target

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Mary you have had more than your share of pain. I am sorry doesn't seem enough. Our hearts break for you. I am sorry.

Oh Mary, I'm so sorry. I know he was your heart horse and you love all your horses I know, but like Max, Target was special. A true one of a kind. I know you are devastated and there are no words to really make it better. Please know all your horsey friends are thinking of you and sending you hugs across the miles. Be strong my friend.

I'm so sorry you had to let him go.
default_no.gif
Sometimes it seems that the right choices are so very difficult. Hold fast to your wonderful memories of him, they will be yours forever and thro them he will always be with you.

Soo sorry to hear this....

Like Reignmaker said, it is hard to know that the 'right' decision is the toughest one of all....

((((hugs))))

~kathryn

Mary, I am so sorry about Target.

He had the rare, great fortune to have been blessed with an incredible home, and I know he left with his heart filled with love.

He's gone physically, but his spirit will never leave. Love like that never dies.

Oh, sweetie, I am so, so sorry...
default_no.gif

GARTH BROOKS - THE DANCE

Looking back on the memory of

The dance we shared beneath the stars above

For a moment all the world was right

How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Holding you I held everything

For a moment wasn't I the king

But if I'd only known how the king would fall

Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all

And now I'm glad I didn't know

The way it all would end the way it all would go

Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain

But I'd of had to miss the dance

Yes my life is better left to chance

I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance

Liz N.

Oh Mary, words are never enough I know, but I am sincerely so very sorry that you have lost Target.

RIP Special Man - forever loved, never forgotten.

I can't find the words to express how much my heart aches over your loss. I literally cried when I saw your profile picture of Target and Max. They were both such special horses, loved by a special lady, and they are together again on the other side. What hurts is being separated from them but we never truly are- we just can't see them anymore.

As Parmela said, "hugs across the miles" from another who knows what you're going through.
default_bye-sad.gif

Leia

I just had to get on here again and thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and kind words. They mean a lot. We will be updating our website soon, but if anyone is interested, Target already has a page: http://www.ontargetminiatures.com/otm-target.html.

I have owned enough horses in my lifetime to realize that I have been really blessed with two VERY special ones: Target and Max. Target was an unregistered cow pony when I bought him in 1994 to be a backyard trail horse. He turned into a Pinto Champion (Amateur), featured on the cover of the National Pinto Horse magazine. For two years he was the Tobiano Pinto in the Breed Demo at the Massachusetts Equine Affaire, and was High Point Champion (English or Dressage)at many, many open and a few Pinto Shows. He could do a Piaffe or Passage and was very popular as a steady trail companion. But the comments from many FB friends tell a more complete story. One remembered him at the early Pinto shows when we would tie him to the roof rack on our Honda Civic wagon all day. The worst thing he ever did there was play with a windshield wiper. Another remembered how I would turn him loose at the boarding barn to let him graze and he never got in trouble and NO ONE COMPLAINED. Because he was moved to so many boarding barns over the years and shown so much, he made a lot of friends. Or maybe he made so many friends because of who he was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back