Prayers needed for Lacey Please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put it in a syringe without the needle make sure her head is down so you dont get it in her lungs. I was giving 1 ounce every 2 hours until she starts eating on her own. Then 2 ounces every 12 hours is what my 3 minis are on now.

Also I have found the majority of horses effected with this crap have mouth/throat sores. Make all her feed a warm mush. 1 cup Beet pulp worked the best for me, 1/2 c alfalfa pellets, 1/4 c Gro N Win, 1/2 ounce Red Cell, 1/2 scoop 100 % pure phyllium, 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed, 1/2 ounce corn oil is what I am feeding.

My CBC just came back and with the help of the Kaolin my mares white and red blood count are in the normal range the first CBC was taken in November.

I've had 2 others blood work done and the only thing remarkable is they all show low Albumin. Haven't talked with my vet yet. All my horses are stable eating, drinking, pooping and have been for the last month. 24-48 hours after decreasing the kaolin the symptoms all return i.e. colicky off feed etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_pray.gif
: our thoughts and prayers are with you and your lil girl

I'm sorry to hear about your mare. Will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Seems like there's a lot of sick minis right now.

Thoughts and prayers for Lacey....

Im with Sedeh....alot of sick and colicy minis lately....

I'm headed back to the clinic now...

She may not make it through the night. She is going down very fast.
default_sad.png

Prayers for both of you. Any word now. I am still praying all is better. That

they found someway to turn it around. It is so scary how many are sick or

colic right now.

Prayers and Hugs

Vicky

She's gone....
default_sad.png
I'll write more later.

Thank you everyone, for your support.

oh, My God.. :no: I am so sorry... She isn 't in anymore distress.. Prayers for you to help with your loss..
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

I'm so sorry that it had such a bad outcome.
default_sad.png
My heart breaks for you, it's such a bad experience to go through losing one you love so much. After so many years, I still think of with great sadness my sweet Chelsea (on my memory page of website). There have been others since and it is always very difficult. My prayers are with you now that you can make it through your grieving.

Rita

BUMP so hopefully more of you will notice that she did lose her mare, Lacey.
default_sad.png
I'm sure she is feeling very depressed right now and could use forum support.

Rita

Thank you...

The vet took her liver out to send to the lab before we brought her home. In 3 days we'll have some idea of what caused the hepatic encephalopathy, which is what ultimately killed her. The liver stopped functioning and the amonia poisoned her brain.

We're going to have blood done on the others today, just in case. Lacey had a stall mate - her half sister (Honey Bear, pictured in my avatar) and though she is showing no signs, I'm worried to death.

Thanks again, and I will update you all as I think it's important to share these things with other owners. Thats why these boards are so wonderful.

I am so sorry. Hugs and prayers for you as you deal with the loss of your precious Lacey.

May the wonderful memories that you have help you to get through this tough time.

Oh my gosh!!! I am SO SORRY you lost Lacey. I just found this thread. Sending (((((HUGS))))) and wishes for good health for Honey Bear.
default_crybaby.gif
:

Oh my gosh!!! I am SO SORRY you lost Lacey. I just found this thread. Sending (((((HUGS))))) and wishes for good health for Honey Bear.
default_crybaby.gif
:
I thought I'd post a few pictures...I rarely posted pictures of her. I hope you don't mind...

This was last summer...we just wanted to "see" what she'd look like in a saddle ;)

june2006045.jpg

And here she is running with the Big Girls, as we call them. There was nothing she loved to do more than be with big horses. She would sulk when I'd keep her with mere ponies. The mares doted on her and were very protective of her (and I broke our own cardinal rule about mixing large and small horses):

September2006009.jpg

Taking a nap in the old arena before we tore it down (she's the smallest brown lump, next to Cricket our "big" pony):

browniecampoutMay2005026.jpg

And this is the last photo I believe that I ever took of her...in September (Honey Bear is her half sister on the left):

horses091806003.jpg

Oh, I'm so sorry
default_sad.png

She was obviously beautiful inside and out. My prayers are with you and your family.

:no: :no: :no: I am sooo sorry...Please let us know the the results are, when you are able...

:no: I am so sorry you lost your mare. I just now read this post. My mare who is breed to foal soon is colicing and is at the vet's office now. Try to remember the good times. Their has been alot of horses colicing lately. This is the first time we have had one colic in years. I hope your other mare don't have the liver problem as well.

keep us posted and let us know the results,

melissa

Oh gosh, those pictures are beautiful and show what a wonderful life you gave your little mare. Thank you for sharing them. I am sure you are totally ripped with grief over your loss, I am just so sorry. :no:

:no: I am so sorry you lost your mare. I just now read this post. My mare who is breed to foal soon is colicing and is at the vet's office now. Try to remember the good times. Their has been alot of horses colicing lately. This is the first time we have had one colic in years. I hope your other mare don't have the liver problem as well.

keep us posted and let us know the results,

melissa
Melissa, I'll be praying for your mare.

Could the mild weather we've had have anything to do with aggressive bacteria causes some of these problems?

We are just now having our first hard freeze. We had the warmest December and 1/2 of January I've ever heard of. It never got below freezing last month for more than a couple of hours - that is SO unusual.

Lacey was buried a little while ago next to William, my Thoroughbred that passed just last October. She loved William, but was rarely allowed to be with him...so now, well, she is probably running with him and flirting her little tail off. These two losses so slose are really killing me....I think I'm done adding horses. It hurts too terribly much. I son't think I can do it any more. I've buried 5 horses in 5 years now...3 were elderly (38, 32 and 26 years)....but Lacey wasn't even 3. This is so hard.

Latest posts

Back