Prayers for our 2 cooking foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmt

Reaction score
Could really use some prayers for our 2 mares that have yet to foal. It seems as though this just isn't our year
default_no.gif
we have lost 5 foals and shed too many tears. We started off by finding a white (would've been appy) premie filly in March out in the mare pasture. Then we lost a gorgeous bay blanketed appy filly due to the mares milk--i didn't realize the foal wasn't getting the milk she was supposed to be getting. This one hit me the hardest as she was so sweet and if I had just realized what was going on I maybe could've saved the poor thing. She was also a red bag and thanks to this wonderful forum I recognized I was educated enough to be able to save her during the foaling.

Then we lost a tiny chestnut blanketed appy colt with the most beautiful head and neck-missed the birth and he was out of the sack but not breathing

Next was a horrible dystocia out of my favorite mare. She's 17 this year and has had many many foals for me without any problems. She's doing great but the vet couldn't save her black filly

This morning we lost a loud bay pinto colt. We have no idea what happened...he's been up and running around for 2 days without any problems. Taking him to the vet to have him checked out.

Have been going through the heartaches of foaling for years and years but it just seems like this year has been extra hard on us. I do have 3 WONDERFUL foals on the ground though and just heard that the two outside mares we had bred to our Wardance son foaled 2 healthy pinto fillies which makes me incredibly happy! Crossing my fingers for a great ending to a sad foaling season.

Will post pics of our 3 healthy monsters as soon as I can get them to stand still
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry for your losses. I wouldn't be able to stand it. Can't wait to see pictures of your 3 babies! I hope and pray your last 2 foalings go without any problems and you have 2 more healthy babies and Momma's!

default_no.gif
my heart breaks for you.

We had a year we had several mares abort for different reasons. It was very hard year on us.We were also blessed that year with 5 healthy foals as well.We had the all test nothing wrong with mares, studs or foals.

One mare abort because she was carring twins we had her ck by vet but second foal didn't show. we had one mare colt had twisted cord. one mare was small mare abort at 3 mos. one mare abort at 7 mos don't know why filly was testing fine and mare was fine.

we tested pastures , feeds, mares, studs and foals and hay no answers just alot of money with no answers that year.

you will be in our prayers i feel your pain.

i have been there was not a good place to be.

thank you! we'll of course have feed/grass tested and have some bloodwork done on the mares just to cover all the bases. With the market the way it is we'll cut back on breeding for awhile...maybe this was gods way of making sure we do our part in helping the miniature horse industry. I'm sure the last 2 will be just fine, but extra prayers always help ease the mind

Your foaling year sounds just terrible.
default_no.gif
We are so very sorry for your losses. You have our prayers for 2 very healthy foals.

praying for 2 healthy text book birth foals and mares for your last 2
default_pray.gif

we also had a hard year, but we are done for the year

with only 1 beautiful Silver Buckskin Pinto Filly, but she more than makes up for the terrible year.

maybe it is Gods way of saying not so many this year.

lost 2 - 1 breech (silver buckskin colt) , and 1 hip lock (blk pinto filly) just culdn't get her unstuck in time

then 3 mares blood tested in foal and came up open. But at least they were not like the other losses

we will probably ultra sound now

Prayers that all goes well for your future births..........I know the feeling.

We've had a year hit us every now and then where just about EVERYTHING that could go wrong WILL. What normally happens is that ( for us) is that several years go by without any serious problems, and we get SPOILED and downright COCKY. ..........and then, WHAM. We have several births with problems........

I am like you......Never take anything for granted!

I am so sorry for all of your losses - and I am praying for you that the last 2 foals will be born healthy. It is so heartbreaking when things like this happen. We all put so much into our horses and wait such a long time for a beautiful foal - and when a foal is lost - it is really difficult to understand and come to grips with the tragedy.

I also know the feeling - I have lost foals - and really had a hard time getting over each loss. The worst was this year - we lost a filly which was heartbreaking - but we also lost a mare and foal - that was horrendous and I will never get over losing our beloved mare.

It is times like this that a person wonders whether it is worth the heartache and sorrow. However - when I go out and play with my healthy foals - I do realize that life wouldn't be the same without at least one foal each year - as they bring such happiness and joy to my heart - and I am sure to yours as well.

Please let us know when your mares foal - and post some pictures of your beautiful babies!!!!!

Oh my goodness, you have been through a lot this year! I'm so very sorry, I know the heartbreak of things going wrong, that is a lot to take in one little year... I pray the other two go fine!

I am SO very sorry for your losses. I will say prayers that the remainder of your foaling season goes much much better.

default_no.gif
I'm so very sorry for your losses and my heart breaks for you. {{{HUGS}}} My prayers are with you for having 2 healthy happy babies!!!

Back