Posting New Foal pic for Peggy @ Albahurst

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
Just posting a picture for Peggy @ Albahurst of her new foal, she will be on to give more info!

Sure is a cutie!
default_wub.png
Congrats Peggy!

Peggyfilly.jpg

Peggy,

Your baby is ADORABLE!!

Susan O.

Ok- I am here now
default_smile.png
I was outside washing horses for a show. Thank you, Michele, for posting my pic. I am having trouble learning this computer 'stuff'!!

Our new baby was foaled on April 10, so she is now 11 days old. Yes, a filly
default_smile.png
The ring test was right!! lol We are really tickled with her. She is doing great and has such an outgoing personality! She is our first foal sired by our wonderful 2006 PtHA Reserve World Champion (halter class) and AMHA Top Ten stallion, Redrock Lots o Spots! We have one more baby due any minute from our Lotso, so this little gal will have a brother or a sister soon.

Her name is Alba Hurst's Amica. Now the word, Amic, is a mediterranean word meaning 'friend', so we just tweaked it a little. I don't really know how tall she was at birth - we didn't measure her.

We did have an IgG checked on her just to be safe and also gave an ecoli antigen at about 6 hrs old for precaution, as we lost a baby to ecoli last year. That will be standard procedure here now.

Thanks, LB forum, for all the helpful tips along the way!

Peggy

www.albahurst.com

Edited: Oh, BTW- our foaling monitor didn't go off! This mare had been waking me up 6 times a night and the night she foaled---no alarm! Found the baby in the morning! I was awake from 2:30-5:30am and thinking- I should go check in the barn. The alarm hasn't gone off tonight!
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There's that pretty girl! Congratulations, Peggy! She sure is a pretty girl. Lotso did good!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

Congradulations Peggy!! A beautiful filly she is, and a pretty name to match!
default_wub.png

I guess I didnt miss her announcement after all.
default_yes.gif

Oh Peggy, she is just beautiful! And looks SO much like her grandaddy! Quite a championship lineage she has there!

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back