Popping Hind Leg Joints?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
We trim our own hooves at my house (or, I do. I can't say I'm fantastic, but I am learning as I go and research) and this weekend I was trimming on of my near 2 year old's hooves. The filly is a horror to trim her hooves, but I hardly think its her fault. I think its mostly out of her lack of handling as a foal and because of her joints.

I HATE it when people pop their joints. Its nasty, nasty, nasty. I don't mind it when I do it, but I cannot stand hearing or watching others do it. So, if you can imagine how squeamish I am when I FEEL the joints popping!

Anywho, everytime I handle her hind legs I can feel her joints popping. Both hind legs, both ankles, both hocks.

What is the cause of this?!

I have had younger ones in the past do it.one mare in particular,when she walked,her rear hooves pivoted and twisted once they hit the ground,and she cracked like popcorn.it never give her any problems. I always thought it was a cartilage issue or arthritis. Her hips and all popped she had no problems foaling,just always cracked.

Latest posts

Back