PMC classes for ponies

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maranatha minis

Reaction score
I am looking forward to showing my shetlands this year. I have shown minis for a few years and show in some PMC classes. Do the shetland shows have PMC classes? I have problems with the speed to work the rail. Also my mare is about 14 si she to old to show? I hear people like real young horses to show. I know I can handle my mare easily since she has been around. I am very excited to start with the ponies more this year, I like them better than minis i think.

Yes they do have PMC specific classes. If you see a show specifically you want to go to, ask the Show Manager (you usually need to do this before the show is sent to the office for sanctioning) and ask them to put the classes in.

Your mare is certainly not too old to show. Many older ponies go into the showring and WIN! As long as you are comfortable with your mare then get into the ring and enjoy her. Some shows offer more PMC classes than others for ponies. If you do not see the class you want to compete in, just ask the show manager about adding them. Most managers are very accomodating and if they cannot get the class added this season they will be happy to add it next season. Good luck and have fun!

Latest posts

Back