Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Lois. I'm liking htis one better than the first. All stash fabrics, hopefully, I can keep it all stash fabrics, and not have to buy any. It won't exactly match, but I have a cute snaffle bit print on burgandy that I can use for backing; I think its 54" wide, so I might not have to piece the backing.

Used a little more stash by making my dog, Roxy, a quilted pad for her kennel with some left over flannel.

DSCF9832.jpg

DSCF9830.jpg

One last item....and I am taking a break. This spring weather has ruined me. I just want to be outside.

Here is the pillow cover that I made to match my husband's quilt. A pillow cover pattern that I had been meaning to use for awhile.

DSCF9834.jpg

Really like that kennel pad.

I'm making doll dresses out of vintage pillowcases. Many of the pillowcases dont' work for the dresses because the crocheted edges or embroidered designs are too large for the dress skirt. This one was a good size, and the pillowcase was in good condition. I'm going to try it on Etsy.

www.cassphoto.com/dressfront.jpg

I made another using a feedsack pillowcase. I think those old pillowcases would have been pretty uncomfortable to sleep upon! Think of those french knots and satin stitches against your cheek all night!

I'm making doll dresses out of vintage pillowcases. Many of the pillowcases dont' work for the dresses because the crocheted edges or embroidered designs are too large for the dress skirt. This one was a good size, and the pillowcase was in good condition. I'm going to try it on Etsy.

I made another using a feedsack pillowcase. I think those old pillowcases would have been pretty uncomfortable to sleep upon! Think of those french knots and satin stitches against your cheek all night!
That is beautiful! I love it!

What is your shop name on Etsy?

Lois

Last edited by a moderator:

That dress is very cute.

I just zoomed in on your quilt, and gosh those are nice fabrics! I think the border fabric is great! Thats a really cool quilt because it would be good for a lady or a man. Good job!

(Also I love those 5 fabrics you have stacked in the back ground
default_wink.png
)

I just zoomed in on your quilt, and gosh those are nice fabrics! I think the border fabric is great! Thats a really cool quilt because it would be good for a lady or a man. Good job!

(Also I love those 5 fabrics you have stacked in the back ground
default_wink.png
)
Thank you.

And those 5 fabrics in the background are for two commissioned quilts; I'm sure their will be plenty left, but they won't listed in my store til I have my plans set for the commissioned pieces.

Here's a better look at them:

Diane - Believe group.jpg

Oh my gosh they are so pretty! I'm trying to sell a few things so I can stash some $ for your store!! I already saw some stuff I liked!!! Hopefully I can get my fingers on some pieces!!! LOL!!

I started cutting this morning and have one block pieced. This will be one of four blocks in one of the borders of my quilt design. So far.... I am loving it!

HorseQuilt.jpg

I love it too!!! It's going to look great when it's done!!!!

Gosh you guys are motavated! I just want to get under the covers and sleep. LOL! I had the wind taken out of my sails from my MIL and now I do not want to do anything. Plus the sun is not out and it's cold.... completely un-motovated! LOL!

But I'm kinda getting inspired looking at all your projects... kinda.. LOL!!!

Great job ladies!! Keep up the pretty stuff!!!

Cross your fingers and send me good thoughts, I'm trying a mitered corner border on the horse quilt. I think I did one other, but I don't think that one turned out very flat and pretty (it was lumpy and bumpy).

Thanks gals, I got one corner done last night, and it doesn't look too bad if I do say so myself. I'll try to get the other 3 done today, and my top will be finished. I have my next two projects planned, and I'm excited to get started on them; so I'm not sure if I'll get the quilting started on the horse one right away or not.

Thank you.

And those 5 fabrics in the background are for two commissioned quilts; I'm sure their will be plenty left, but they won't listed in my store til I have my plans set for the commissioned pieces.

Here's a better look at them:

attachicon.gif
Diane - Believe group.jpg
Can't wait to see these quilts. The material just looks so cozy. Will they be identical?

Can't wait to see these quilts. The material just looks so cozy. Will they be identical?
I don't think they'll be identical, just the same fabric collection and same size. I haven't picked a pattern or even made one up yet, but have a few blocks in mind that I'd like to use, including a heart block I found on-line.

Oh, and I finished my mitered corners, just need to trim them. The fabric I have that I would like to use for a backing is a heavier cotton, so hopefully it'll still work. It might be a cotton twill, but I'm not sure. It seems to be about twill weight, but it has a polished finish.

Latest posts

Back