Please share what you are working on

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I would share where I am at in my husband's lap quilt. It will have two of these panels in the center and I have one together and am getting ready to sew the last panel together. There are still borders and quilting to do and some embroidery too. So far so good. The backing will be camouflage fabric.

JQ1.jpg

Woooo I like them both!!!!! Great job ladies!!!!!!

I'm in stuck mode! lol! I don't feel like finishing anything right now. Plus I have no zippers so no purses.... yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the support. My husband is going in for back surgery very soon and I am trying to get this done for when he gets back home. Right now I am thinking that I should have made something easier or at least more familiar, but I know in the end it will not be that bad. The bricks are driving me crazy trying to keep them all headed in the same direction and cutting them in the right way to minimize the cuts. Chanda if you look close I have used two of the "running wild" fabrics that I bought from you. He wants some fish and maybe something deer added to it....thinking embroidery in a top/bottom border. Will have to fool around tomorrow to see what I can come up with. I cut too many strips and my planned 8 inch blocks turned out to be 9 inches as I miscounted. I think I have 6 extra blocks done, so I am seeing a pillow out of this too.

Got a neat used book in the mail today...lots of border ideas in there. Don't think I will use them on this lap quilt but there is another lap quilt idea lurking in my head that is crying out for a neat border.

Chanda, I like the two different colors of sashing. Curious to see it all come together. Very pretty! Like seeing that we both use our guest beds for laying the pieces out. I am wanting to make a horse themed lap quilt soon.

I hope you get some zippers so you can share your next purses with us. Do you have an ideas for your next one?

Lois

Last edited by a moderator:
Woooo I like them both!!!!! Great job ladies!!!!!!

I'm in stuck mode! lol! I don't feel like finishing anything right now. Plus I have no zippers so no purses.... yet!
I'd mail you some zippers, I have a few that I'll probably never use; but there is not mail running today due to the bad roads. [they are probably too big for your cute little purses anyway, can't even remember why I bought them, but think it was for some craft idea that never happened.]

Chanda, I like the two different colors of sashing. Curious to see it all come together. Very pretty! Like seeing that we both use our guest beds for laying the pieces out. I am wanting to make a horse themed lap quilt soon.

Lois
I'm hoping it turns out as nice as I have it pictured in my head, since I had no pattern and just started laying out the pieces and thinking oh, this sounds good let's try that. My usual plan for quilting as of lately, no actual pattern, just barely an idea and some fabric.

I'm hoping it turns out as nice as I have it pictured in my head, since I had no pattern and just started laying out the pieces and thinking oh, this sounds good let's try that. My usual plan for quilting as of lately, no actual pattern, just barely an idea and some fabric.
Some times those turn out the best!!
default_yes.gif

I'm working on a dress for my grand daughter's American Girl doll. The pattern is easy to use. I'm still getting comfortable with my new Pfaff sewing machine.
Oh I'd love to see when it's done!! My MIL bought my niece a doll and made her a bunch of outfits for Christmas! They were so cute but time consuming.

I finished one dress for her American Girl doll. I don't have a doll to try it on, but the pattern has always fit. I'm bad about trying to use up stuff I have on hand instead of buying new material, so this fabric is left over from another project and the lace is all vintage.

www.cassphoto.com/agdress.jpg

I have an older Samantha doll, and the newer AG patterns don't fit her. I looked on ebay and the patterns run about $50... So I've been playing with the new patterns and trying to fit the older doll. The older doll will stay at my house, and I wanted to make clothes for her so when they come to visit they can play with her. I got one dress put together as an experiment; I think the altered pattern is going to work. Now I'll make her a robe and gown, and either some play clothes or something really fancy--like a princess. I'll probably have to go shopping now...

The dresses all use velcro to close; I'd like to experiement with my new machine making buttonholes. But I want to get more comfortable using it before trying something complicated.

I finished one dress for her American Girl doll. I don't have a doll to try it on, but the pattern has always fit. I'm bad about trying to use up stuff I have on hand instead of buying new material, so this fabric is left over from another project and the lace is all vintage.

I have an older Samantha doll, and the newer AG patterns don't fit her. I looked on ebay and the patterns run about $50... So I've been playing with the new patterns and trying to fit the older doll. The older doll will stay at my house, and I wanted to make clothes for her so when they come to visit they can play with her. I got one dress put together as an experiment; I think the altered pattern is going to work. Now I'll make her a robe and gown, and either some play clothes or something really fancy--like a princess. I'll probably have to go shopping now...

The dresses all use velcro to close; I'd like to experiement with my new machine making buttonholes. But I want to get more comfortable using it before trying something complicated.
I have some of that fabric, and in more than one color. Two different companies, so two different finishes, but the same print.

Very cute dress.

I have some of that fabric, and in more than one color. Two different companies, so two different finishes, but the same print.

Very cute dress.
I was going to say the same thing! LOL! I have it in tan, 2 different greens, and a purple! I may even have pink! LOL!

Very lovely dress! Good job! I know my MIL used patterns from Joann's, I think they were simplicity... We hunted them down when all the patterns were on sale for 1.99. Keep showing them when you get them done ! I enjoy seeing the little doll clothes
default_wub.png

Simply beautiful. Your new machine and you are working perfectly together!

Thanks for sharing that the older dolls and new patterns are different sizes. I never would have thought that. I would like to make some outfits for my granddaughter's dolls some day. Looking forward to seeing your future outfits! This dress is perfect! I love everything about this little dress!

Lois

Thank you! I like small things; maybe that is why I have little horses, dollhouses and buttons...

Now that I've figured out the bodice and sleeve patterns, modifying them to make all sorts of garments for the older doll won't be hard.

I used to make a lot of Barbie clothes, but find I cannot enjoy making them any more. I'm going to purge all my Barbie patterns.

Interesting that the brown viny fabric came in so many colors. It is a very nice quality fabric.

I can't get over how much better my new machine works. All the bulky thickenesses on the edges of seams just go smoothly through. My old machine twizzled every edge; it was so tired, poor thing.

Here are three xtra wide fabrics I have in that pattern, maybe a slight variation:

Chantille quiltback - green.jpgChoice fabrics - quiltback - lilac.jpgchoice fabrics - quiltback - tan.jpg

And I think I have 6-8 different colors in regular width, this fabric doesn't have as nice a finish as the quiltbacks do, its a bit stiff.

There is a big quilt show in my town the end of May and several venders. I like to look at the civil war repro fabric; I should invest in several pieces. The smaller patterns work well for my projects. Fabric collectors--I envy you your stashes!

Well, I have a fairly sizeable personal stash, but also have a quilting supply business and those fabrics are so tempting.

I just made the pink and orange one last night and added buttons to the black one for my mom! Im trying to post from my phone so bare with me! Lol!

2013-03-29_11-59-09_162.jpg

Back