Please Send Prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear about your colt. But thankful your mare is okay.

Hoping the rest of the foaling you get beautiful foals and heathy moms.

So sorry about the loss of hte foal, but glad to hear the mare is ok.

So sorry to hear you lost your foal but so glad you little mare is ok. Wishing her a speedy recovery

default_pray.gif
Lord hear our prayers for this little mare. May everything turn out ok. Watch after her human mom too. AMEN.

The vet just left about 10 min ago. The mare is ok! We lost the foal-a tiny buckskin colt. The cord twisted more than a dozen times causing the colt to die in utero and premature labor. His back legs were forward, his front legs were back, and his head was back. The worst part was sorting the legs out-they were all in the same place. Thought we had it a few times only to have to push the foal back again and start over. My poor mare is just completely exhausted. Vet says that somehow there are no tears after all of that. This was a rough one. The first foal for our little 27.25" palomino LK Supreme Dream son. The colt was lovely, but I have a healthy mare and that's what matters. Thank youi all so much for the thoughts and prayers!
I'm so sorry to hear that you lost the foal. We have lost foals because of the same thing. It's always heart-breaking. I'm so glad that your little mare is going to be okay. Bless her heart!

Do you have any other mares bred to the tiny palomino stallion? I'm looking forward to seeing his foals!

Thank you all so much! If you could keep your thoughts with "Indi", I would so appreciate it. The vet worked on her for about 2 hrs trying to get that foal out and she is really hurting, even with her pain meds. She is cleaning out pretty well-not too much blood. She is eating and drinking as well, but she is in pain and I hate when they are hurting. I will be keeping a very close eye on her. She'll be getting pain meds the next 5 days or so (longer if needed) and will be on antibiotics for a week. The vet is coming out tomorrow to make sure all is well and flush her again.

Pam-unfortunately that was the only foal we were expecting from "Dream", our little palomino
default_sad.png
The foal was so tiny and nice and refined with a beautiful little head. Dream and Indi did a great job with him. Indi will have a couple years off after this.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Thank God you got your mare the help she needed. I'll be praying for her quick recovery!

Thank God that momma is okay and is up and eating. I am so sorry though about the lost colt. It is so heart breaking but at least the mom made it.

Just seen this and was immediately saying prayers as I was reading through - my heart in my mouth.

So glad your little Indi made it through her ordeal. Very sad about losing the colt, sending hopes that the rest of your foaling season will be straightforward and successful.

Will continue with prayers for Indi and sending ((((HUGS)))) for you and her.

Latest posts

Back