Please pray

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Hi all-[/SIZE]

I'm here to ask for prayers for Phil, a co-worker's husband. He is having a heart valve replaced tomorrow. That's bad enough, but when they were doing various tests last week prior to setting up a surgery date, they discovered a mass on his lung. The doctors couldn't do a biopsy as his heart won't take it, so tomorrow morning while his chest cavity is open for the new heart valve, the pulmonary surgeon will remove the mass. It's very scarey to say the least. I work with Kathy, his wife. She along with their daughter Tammy will be at the hospital waiting for hopefully good news.

I know the power of prayer from all of you on the Forum - I truly feel that the prayers from you forum members and the work of a couple of great surgeons saved the life of my little Dawn two years ago.

Please, if you have time, and the inclination, say a prayer for Phil - may he come through the heart valve replacement easily, and may the mass on his lung be benign.

Barbie
default_pray.gif
:
default_pray.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks Shannon![/SIZE]

Barbie

[SIZE=14pt]i will be thinking of your friend and her family. keep us posted, Nikki[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Hi-[/SIZE]

Just an update. Phil had his surgery today. The mass on his lung according to his surgeon "off the record" looks like some lung tissure that has "gone bad and needed to be removed." I don't know how much of his lung had to be removed, but do know that he had to be on the heart-lung machine in order to do a biopsy. His other lung wasn't strong enough because he WAS a long time smoker. His surgeon was amazed that he hadn't keeled over because his heart valve was so bad. Anyway, he will be in ICU for 24 hours and then hopefully moved to a room. He has a really positive attitude and wants to get back to normal asap, so hopefully his recovery will go smoothly.

Thanks for the prayers - I certainly appreciate them as I truly believe in the power of prayer, and this Forum comes through strong.

Barbie

I'm glad to hear that all is going well so far, and sending best wishes to all. Please keep us posted and I will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers
default_pray.gif
:

Latest posts

Back