Please post pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chamomile

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone on here has Welsh Ponies? I know I've seen pictures posted on here of them and I would like to see them again!! And maybe get to know those that have one or two
default_rolleyes.gif
: Thanks so much!!

Oh goodness here I go: we have one purebred section A, and two halves (one is an Arab/Welsh Cob, the other a Welsh A/Paint cross)

Here's the purebred 'A', soon to be gelding:

stormybody1.jpg

My Welsh/Paint filly (as a two y/o - can't find our recent pics ...she's four now)

kc.jpg

My Welsh Cob/Arab gelding (again, pics from two years ago)

teufeljumps.jpg

teufelch.jpg

God I just love Welsh ponies. I would love to get into the A's or B's; they are so gorgeous. They have the neatest little personalities.

I love the Welsh ponies! I was looking around to buy a stallion to breed to a few of my mares, but then thought, hym, Few Mares. I was lucky enough to find a Very nice stallion close to me, and am breeding my Welsh cross A circuit mare and my other POA show pony to him this season for what will be competative show ponies.

Here's a pic of her, Bubbles, the welsh cross, who has the Best personality! I Adore this pony!!

th100_3450.jpg

And here's a pic of the stallion, who's more then just pretty!

baklava.jpg

Thanks you guys!! I am soaking up all I can learn about Welsh's and their temperments, the breed standards, ect... Any info you all can share would be awesome!! Thanks so much for the pictures. That bay stallion is gorgeous! How tall is he?

And how tall is the "A" gray stallion-soon-to-be-gelding?

I got my first Welsh Pony this year. He is a registered Section A Gelding.

He has the most beautiful eyes
default_wub.png
:

He's 1 1/2 years old and still wears a mini halter!

I just LOVE him. He's SO smart and very sweet. He learns new stuff

very quick, it just amazes me. He is Glen Haven Sweet Decadence. "Deka"

his baby picture and then this year.

The dark bay is his sire Vimpenny Sweet Sultan
default_wub.png
: ~Sandy

Dekababy.jpg
DSC_0056WEB.jpg

Deka5-28-07web.jpg

Deka5-17-07WEB.jpg

Sultan-D-opt1.jpg

This is Deka's baby brother, foaled this spring:

Copyofcolt6web.jpg

default_wub.png
: He's such a handsome boy.

I've met Deka in person and he is everything Sandy says he is. If only I could afford his brother....

Kim

Sandy, It should be against the law to have so so many beautiful horses. I am so jealous !! Only kidding... I love seeing your horses!!

Sandy, It should be against the law to have so so many beautiful horses. I am so jealous !! Only kidding... I love seeing your horses!!
default_smile.png
) Thanks, but Most of the pictures I post are not my horses... Dang it!!! I've been lucky enough to get the opportunity to photograph some beautiful horses this year! I get permission....
default_smile.png
)

Deka is mine though. LOL He's really cool. I can't wait til he's old enough to start riding.

I've met Deka in person and he is everything Sandy says he is.
Kim,,, As soon as Caleb is old enough to ride.... I have just the right pony
default_smile.png
))

Won't they be precious in lead line?!

He can't do lead line on Moxie... he'd need a parachute for safety reasons..... :bgrin

~Sandy

Sandy- I just pictured the parachute..... and busted out laughing. I really needed the chuckle. Thank you! As for Caleb... I think he would be so cute.
default_smile.png
I have a nephew though that is so into horses. He is acting just like I did when I was 3. It's amazing. May have to take you up on the offer when all of them are older. ;)

Thanks you guys!! I am soaking up all I can learn about Welsh's and their temperments, the breed standards, ect... Any info you all can share would be awesome!! Thanks so much for the pictures. That bay stallion is gorgeous! How tall is he?

And how tall is the "A" gray stallion-soon-to-be-gelding?
Our guy is all of 11h
default_wub.png
: He's a real sweetie. His sire was an outstanding individual. We've found the welshes have good temperaments, although occaisionally you get the "pony attitude". The cobs tend to be stubborn, very very talented but stubborn.

Great Pics every one!!! :aktion033: That Bay Stallion is VERY handsome!!
default_wub.png
:

I have just adopted a Mini Cross (we think she might be crossed with Welsh)

We should be getting her this weekend..if we have all the paperwork

I'll post pics to see what every one thinks

Thanks guys! What do you think about the section "B's"? That's the section I'm looking at right now. I've found a pretty little sorrel colt that comes from a great background of CDE horses and is very "welshy" in type. If I'm going to do this, then it must look like a Welsh!

Do you find that it's better to have a stockier type or a more refined type? Just wondering as with the Miniatures the more refined horses show better. Is that true in the Welsh's??

Sandy, those are wonderful pictures of some very nice ponies.What I have seen of the Welsh Ponies they are very versatile and wonderful in performance and driving. Good luck in finding the just right one for you Mindy...with your love of driving it should be a wonderful experience. Mary

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back