Please keep my Merry Beth in your thoughts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, gosh Marty, I am so sorry to hear she had to go to the hospital. And it sounds like you have your work cut out for you, but lets hope she is on the road to recovery!!!

[SIZE=12pt]SOOOO Happy for you Marty and for Merry Beth...she will get better now
default_aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

What a wonderful Christmas present!!!...This is GREAT News!

Please pray for our Annie as she has a bad case of colic we are dealing with right now too..Thanks

HUGS Marty and Merry Beth

Jenny

default_wub.png

Marty-

Is she on Ulcerguard or gastroguard? I'm sure she probably is. My mare who had chronic ulcers finally healed up after4 weeks of a full dose of Ulcerguard and then 2 weeks of a half dose. I had her scoped by Dr Porter of UF. He said not to give her any sweetfeed. I put her on Safeguard by Nutrena. It has been at least a couple of years now and she has not had a problem.

Hoping for a quick recovery for Merry Beth.

(((((HUGS)))))

Barbie

Prayers lifted up for Merry Beth. Hope she continues to get better! {{{WARMESTHUGSALWAYS}}}

Prayers to you and your precious Merry Beth Marty! I think she'll be just fine she's got the best horsey mom in the world.

Marty after you finish your regiman of stuff for the ulcers and she has been healed you may want to think about putting her on some stuff called U-gard. It comes in a powder form and you mix it in their feed every day. It will keep a recurring attack from ulcers returning. I have two that had frequent attacks and I have them on the U-gard and it works. During show season I switch them over to this stuff called U Seven. Both of these taste like very sweet apples and the horses love it.

Marty, glad you got her in and got a solid diagnosis on her...and so glad to hear she's already responding!
default_smile.png
Something else you might consider for long term is Stomach Soother. It's all natural papaya pulp, healthy and inexpensive. We have a chronic colicker here that I've put on Fastrack and Stomach Soother daily, and so far so good. They have a website stomachsoother.com if you want to look into it.

Merry Christmas,

Jan

[SIZE=18pt]Hey everyone its Christmas! [/SIZE]

And Merry Beth is practically back to her old hyper self! I think the worst is over and we've passed the major hurdle cause she is a prancin and a dancin........

I think she saw Santa come to the barn last night!

Thanks for all your suggestions, I am going to be looking into them.

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas from the mountain!

Nice to see things getting better. I know my girl hated seeing me with I came out with the ulcergard, papaya and magnalox (very weak) to coat the stomach.

But with in 2 days she was back to normal.

Marty,

So glad Mary Beth is better!

What medicines did the vet prescribe? And did he concur that it was ulcers all along?

Back