Please help me!!! Dreamer is having a pelvic nerve lock

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arghhhh.... I keep checking and hoping for good news but keep getting bad news
default_no.gif
!!!!!!! I am praying for her. Hang in there!

Just wanted you to know that I've been watching, praying and holding my breath for you since last night. It's hard to know the "right" thing to say so decided that I would just let you know that I'm keeping you, Dream, and her baby in my thoughts and prayers.

HUGS, you're a wonderful horsey Momma!
default_wub.png

Jodi

Karrel & I went over there again just a little while ago. The large lady in the bk shirt was me.

I wanted to watch the mare to let Theresa go take a nap but her husband came home.

The news isn't good.

She is not in labor. She is very relaxed. She LIKES Theresa to be with her & loves to lay with her head in Theresa's lap. Some at another forum wonder why the lady doesn't leave the mare alone. It is because the mare likes her "mom" with her and because if she gets up by herself, she might fall. I've been there twice and I know and saw with my own eyes.

The vet WAS there. He felt everything. Ligaments and all are where they should be. Her hip is out of joint. Yesterday they were cleaning her stall while she was outside (within sight) and they heard her scream! They ran out and found her down. The wind was SO bad yesterday that it blew our little barn away. Could have been the wind that made her turn and caused her hip to pop out? No one knows.

The vet has called and called the equine chiropractor (who is local) to come, but she is out of town. The vet has given Momma heavy pain killer and she is eating, resting, pooping, etc. She will be kept that way until the Chiro can see her. The chiro is her hope right now. And she will come as soon as she can.

I took pics of Momma with her head in Theresa's lap but MSN blocked them from me. If she sends them to me again, I'll post them so you can see how much the mare LOVES her mom being there to comfort her.

Please send more prayers. From what the vet said, it sounded life or death as things stand right now.

Theresa thanks you ALL so much for your prayers and caring so much!
default_yes.gif

Thanks, REO, for the update, and thank you for being there...my thoughts are with them that they can get her to feeling fine again.

Liz

I have been watching since early this morning. Can't seem to pull myself away for more than a few minutes. You are truly remarkable and are doing everything possible for this beautiful mare. You have so many people praying for you and Dreamer. I will continue to watch and keep the faith.

[SIZE=12pt]Reo, I am so glad you are close enough to go over there. You can tell Dreamer is happy when Theresa is there. My prayers continue for Dreamer and family.[/SIZE]

I hope the Chiro is not out of town for long - that sweet mare sure needs her. I'm just glad the vet was able to give her some relief.

Barbie

Many thanks for the update......... If the horse is comforted by her "mom's" presence, no one should question. There are so many Outsiders looking in who don't know what is going on, and are guessing.......and of course, worrying. Will pray that the chiropractor can get to Dreamer ASAP. (Wish there was another chiro in the area!)

Im late getting to this but god be with you and your mare, i just tuned into the cam and see you comforting her in the stall, i pray everything goes over easy for mare and foal
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone is judging this owner for staying with her mare? Why am I not surprised? If I was them, I might turn the camrera off to avoid those issues. I admire them for leaving it on--most likely they're thinking of everyone who wants to watch and pray and support Dreamer. I would guess every one of our horses would be more content/relaxed if we were present, in a similar situation.

We can keep the prayers flowing.
default_smile.png

Thanks Robin for the update though its not what we wished it could be. No one who has watched since last night could fault this owner for her vigilence and care. Its so easy to judge when you are not the person sitting in the stall with your best friend worried that you might lose them. Continued prayers for this mare her unborn foal and this family who love them both. Also God bless you Robin for going to her aid as it seems a lonely road when you are the one sitting there.

Thanks for the update Robin and for going over there to give them support. As always you have a BIG heart and I'm sure they are comforted by your friendship and support! I pray the Chiro will be back in town soon, I feel so bad she is out of town and you have to wait. You are both so good with your mare and she is blessed to be loved by you! (((((HUGS)))))

I just wanted to add that if it is a hip out of place, dont give up on her. Remember these are miniatures, not riding horses & dont let a vet that is use to full size horses tell you that a horse with a dislocated hip cant survive. I too had a mini mare that was in foal dislocate her hip. We dont know how she did it either, turned wrong playing perhaps. We gave her banamine for the pain & had to help her up ( put a halter on her & pull) for months. But she went on to have a foal & do well. Her leg was always stiff & it was a bit hard to cut her hooves unless she had a wall to lean on, & even though a number of area vets told me to put her down she didnt give up so I didnt give up on her. Within a year she was out running in the pasture & you couldnt tell anything was wrong unless you really looked. I hope the same good outcome for you.

I just got on and read this thread. I am so sorry to read what you and your mare are going through. I hope that the chiropractor comes soon to help your mare out, and bless you for taking such good care of her.

My heart and thought are with you.

I found a website listing the following people as being certified in animal chiropractic care by the American Veterinary Chiropractic Association, and located in OK. I hate to call Theresa with everything going on, but if somebody that knows her would want to call and ask, does she want to keep waiting for the local chiro, or would she want somebody to try to find somebody that may be able to come out sooner. It's only 9pm in OK, I'd start calling and emailing now if she'd want us to!

Robin - you're the closest, are any of these towns nearby???

Lanny Stanley DC Pauls Valley OK 405-238-3709 [email protected]

Willa Duree DC Shawnee OK 405-275-6363 www.doctorduree.com

Rebecca Coleman DVM Stillwater OK 405-624-8622

Gary Marr DC Lexington OK 405-872-7272

William Schmidt DC Eastern OK OK 501-321-9081 [email protected]

Robert Wolff DC Durant OK 580-931-3343 [email protected]

Russell Cox DC Owasso OK 918-272-9400

Gene Bledsoe DC Bristow OK 918-367-9600 [email protected]

Jody Barkley DC Skiatook OK 918-396-1969 [email protected]

Elise Reed DC Tahlequah OK 918-431-2463

Brett Wessel DC Okemah OK 918-623-0613 [email protected]

Justin Campbell DC Morris OK 918-733-1351 [email protected]

I have been watching and praying all day. Dreamer is up, I hope she stays that way and continued prayers for all. You are a GREAT horse mom.

Aww--it looks like if they can't take Dreamer into the house, they're going to bring the house to the barn.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

There's a lot of love there in a barn in OK.
default_yes.gif

Aww--it looks like if they can't take Dreamer into the house, they're going to bring the house to the barn.
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

There's a lot of love there in a barn in OK.
default_yes.gif
Yes I see her setting up her cot to sleep... Not that she will get much I'm sure..

Thanks Reo for helping when you can, I sure wish I was closer and could help do anything!

I would be right there with her just as Theresa is, her mare needs her and Theresa needs to be with Dreamer...

More prayers and (((hUGS))) coming your way...

Thanks for the updates!

Bless Theresas heart she is an awesome mom!

Latest posts

Back