Places to buy a saddle

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New mini

Reaction score
I have a friend that wants to purchase a saddle for her mini. Since I have never wanted to do this I do not know the best places to purchase one. I know that Ozark sells them. Anyone else that she could check out?

She is a knowledgeable horse person and knows that there is a weight limit on what her mini can carry.

I purchased a beautiful english close contact saddle with a 7 1/2" seat and a dark oil tooled western saddle with silver conchos and corners in an 8" seat for around $100 each from National Bridle shop. They were packages and included bridles and saddle pads and girths/ cinches. I was very impressed with the quaity and the fit. I believe the brand they carry is "silver royal" the leather is obviously tanned in Argentina or Mexico, but the craftsmanship and construction is good. They were well worth the money. I believe they carry 8" mini saddles and a 12" pony saddle package as well. Another place to look is ebay. Just type in the seat dimensions otherwise you will be bombarded with listings or 12" and 14" pony saddles. Type "mini horse saddle 8" " in the search field and you will find a bunch. Also select "equestrian sports" in the category search field otherwise you will find listing pon listing for bike seats. Happy Shopping!

Thanks. Since I am not purchasing the saddle I did not think of the Little Beginning tack sale. Will pass these 2 on to me friend

I bought an English saddle from Ozark 11 years ago. I think it is a 14 inch, and I'm pretty sure they carry the same one. It has held up very well and has received quite a lot of use. I have a big mini (37 inches, 300 pounds) and while it fits, the saddle looks pretty big on him, so your friend might want to get a smaller size depending on the size mini and who will be riding it.

I know that many people say minis can't be ridden or shouldn't be, but ours has proven to be an excellent mount for young children, and can carry a lot more weight than you might expect. My cut off is 70 pounds, but he can easily handle more.

I got this cute lil 8" or 10" saddle at a local saddlery about 8yrs ago. Paid $200 + $45 for the headset. I love it and rarely use it as Im not a huge fan of kids ridding minis. BUT if kids are 50lbs or less or saddle used on bigger mini/pony, then Im okay with it.

And I bought the material at JoAnn Fabrics and had the saddle pad made from a friend.

This mare here is 33.5" tall...

100_1821.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back