placentitis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky lodge

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
has any one had a mare with it and what was the outcome

Last edited by a moderator:
Most cases the mares have carried to term and delivered normally as long as treatment was started on the mare as soon as she showed symptoms.

Typically treatment does work which is a combination of antibiotics, antinflammatories, and progesterone supplementation. The difficulty is that the signs tend to go unnoticed and thus abortions occur.

Dr Taylor

default_saludando.gif
thay put my mare on sulfa b wich is a antiobitic for 5 days that was nearly 4 wks ago

she is still pregnant which is good have a nother vet coming tomorow to look at her as iam

not happy with the first vet...

she still has a bloody discharge
default_no.gif

I've had a few here.

We put them on sulprim (oral antibiotic, twice a day - reasonably priced too) for the rest of the pregnancy, plus regumate. You can buy an injectable one that is once a week, thats what i have used the last few times, and had perfect results
default_smile.png
Healthy mum and bub every time.

Goodluck

default_saludando.gif
thanks everyone saffire my mare had the vet out to her again today and gave her a 5 day injection of

antibotics.and 2 tubes of sulfa paste antibotics for back up .vet seems to think she only got a week to 3weeks till she foals.. and every thing should be fine

so lots of praying going on

default_saludando.gif
thanks everyone saffire my mare had the vet out to her again today and gave her a 5 day injection of

antibotics.and 2 tubes of sulfa paste antibotics for back up .vet seems to think she only got a week to 3weeks till she foals.. and every thing should be fine

so lots of praying going on
Good luck with her. I've been watching her progress over on the other board.

Marsha

Latest posts

Back