Photo Editing Programs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triple 7 Farm

Reaction score
Hi,

I've owned minis all my life, I'm not "new" to the forum, but am "new" in essence (sp?) of being an actual member. Though for the past 6-7 years I've read on here daily.

Anyhow, my question is WHAT FREE PHOTO EDITING PROGRAMS DO YOU USE?

I want one that's free (I don't want to spend $ on something & have it not work). I want to be able to remove halters, objects, backgrounds, etc. I DO NOT want to have to bother other people to do them for me as I have a quite of few photos of my minis that I'd like edited.

I've tried Serif 6.0 (for some reason it won't finish downloading to my computer- so I couldn't use it to even judge it).

Any & all info would be great! I've done yahoo searches, etc. & get now where. lol.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do a search for GIMP its free I haven't learned how to use it yet but there ae some great tutorials on line even found a video tutorail. But I've had to many other things going on I haven't mesed with it since I downloaded it.

Another one that was reccomended to me from a forum member was paint.net. I haven't used it yet either so if you get to try them keep me posted on which you like better.

Here's a few links I have saved in my favorites for refernce when I was searching:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pixelbase...reephotoedw.htm

http://gimps.de/en/tutorials/gimp/picture-...image/index.htm

http://www.designyourownweb.com/gimp-tutorial.htm - this is the video tutorials

Good luck let me know what you decide to try.

It may be awhile till I can get back to learning a new program. So you opinion on the 2 will be great.

Thank You! I appreciate your reply!

I'll give these a try & see. I'll let you know what I think when I get a chance to play around.
default_smile.png

For years before I bought my photoshop, I used a free download of Adobe photoshop 6.0

It worked pretty well. Do a google search for that. But the free ones are never quite as good as the real thing. I got Adobe Photoshop Cs3 (creative suite 3, which is i think an extension of 10.0) for about $250, I am so in love with it.
default_yes.gif

Photoshopping is my favorite hobby, so if you can't find a program to use, feel free to send them my way too.

Serif PhotoPlus 5.5

Check it out, free and easy to down load. Very nice program

Thank You all!

I tried downloading the Serif Photoplus 5.5 (through someone elses post a few months back & the searches keep getting me to the newer version- Serif Photoplus 6.0.) So I tried downloading it- it goes about 1/2 way & just seems to freeze up or something. So I gave up on it after about 10 tries over about a 2 month period...

My brother-in-law is supposed to be getting me something from his work (he's an engineer & has all sorts of neat programs/etc that he can get through work) only this was before Christmas & I still haven't heard anything from him on it.

I love how everyone else does their edits & I'd LOVE to be able to do it myself too. AGAIN, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I REALLY DO APPRECIATE IT!!

Thank You "Love Casper"- I may just have to take you up on it!
default_smile.png
(though I won't send all that I want done, perhaps just 1 or 2)
default_smile.png

i can send you Adobe Photoshop via aim (aol instant messenger). I can't remember if its the CS2 or 3 version

Latest posts

Back