Phoebe is here!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiny zebra

Reaction score
She made it! Finally! I had to meet Frenchy at the end of our 2 mile long dirt road next to the railroad tracks to pick her up. She was laying down in her deeply bedded "room" eating from a nice pile of hay! Totally non-plussed about the whole experience. We got her loaded into my trailer and headed home. She got out of the trailer, announced herself and then walked over to meet Joy and Cinnamon. Then she wanted to go visit all the other horses! I had to pull her into her stall! I was worried that she was too painful to move but she has now motored all over her new house, 12 x 30, and she has covered every inch of it! I did give her some Banamine and her Gastro Gard, she's bound to be sore from her travels, I know I would be. The poor little thing is still so thin and her feet look bad but not like they were thanks to her guardian angel Tracy! She DOVE into her bucket of beet pulp, didn't even come up for air until it was licked clean, then she started on her hay which I had soaked for a few hours. I was worried she would be constipated and dry but she has pooped twice and ate almost all her hay. I gave her fresh hay tonight for dinner. Well, here she is in her new house and she has settled right in like she has been here always! I wish my other horses had settled in like this!

Here I am!

100_4842.jpg

This is my hay,

100_4844.jpg

This is my water and saying hi to Joy

100_4845.jpg

Hmmm, I think I like it!

100_4846.jpg

Don't bother me, I'm eating!

100_4848.jpg

That is my smile for the day....! What cool pictures and she looks so happy, thank you Tracy for saving this great little mare. And Stacy, good luck with her, thank you for continuing her care. She's a very lucky girl.

Ginny

I'm glad to see she made it to her new home safe and sound and she looks very happy, seeing those pictures made my day :bgrin

Champ

From the pictures and Stacy's description, she is no worse for the wear, even after 4 1/2 long days on a trailer!

This pony is so special....there is something about her ~ she just has the best attitude and just keeps on going. If she could smile, she'd surely have the biggest grin on her face right now...and she'd be saying, "I knew if I just held on, something good would happen!"

Thank you CMHR. Thank you Stacy. This was one of the best experiences I've ever had ~ I think some people I know wondered why in the world we didn't just have her put down...but they didn't know Phoebe, and know that she just flat-out was not ready. I can't even explain what this pony has taught me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

default_wub.png
: I think her face says it all!
default_yes.gif
:

Love hearing about all of CMHR successes!

:aktion033: Way to go Stacy & Phoebe!! :aktion033:

Way to go Stacy................she looks good and settled in with her two new siblings......... :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Wow, her feet look great!!!! Didn't think they could ever look like that, good job ,you guys!!!

Latest posts

Back