Phoebe has now crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry for you loss. The first time I saw Pheobe I thought she looked like my mini mare got from CMHR in September of 2005. Her name was Trisket, but we call her Honey Pie Pony (Honey for short). She's in a better place now and she's running with all the others including Honey's little colt that was still born. You made the right decision and don't ever doubt that you didn't.

Christy

I'm glad she knew love and care before she left. You guys are wonderful for taking her in and doing all you did for her.....even in the end. She knew you cared.

She knew peace and that some humans are caring beings. She had many angels.

HOW on earth did you ever get her OUT of that hole to start with?
Suzi, when I learned about her I had no idea what her condition was. I posted here for advice and Gini told me, "Just go get her and we'll help you" (because I knewthat I could house her and feed her but I didn't have the money for farrier and vet)...that gave me the courage to simply ask the man if I could have her. He said yes, and I went with a friend to get her. We had to pick her up and move her feet to get her to the gate.....once she saw the trailer it was easier and she actually tried to walk (but it was impossible - she tried though)...

Sometimes I think about how amazing that whole situation was - how CMHR didn't know me at all and still agreed to help with this little horse, that *I* sisn't even know! That was so incredibly selfless on their part.

At least she is not in pain any longer and can run free thru the spring grass once more...................Thanks Stacy for taking care of her. I am sending you ((((HUGS))))) I know it was not easy on you.

Oh man that video totally made my heart go out to Phoebe...I remember when she was first rescued, I was shocked and couldn't believe someone let her live in a HOLE like that....I had never seen the video, that was heartwrenching and just touching...I am so sorry that she had to go, but, happy that at least she knew love and friendship before she had to go =(

I just read this and I am so sorry that ever had to happen. Thank goodness for people like you guys who could give her a taste of happiness before she left this world.

God bless you all for everything you did for her. It is so hard to lose a rescue and the only consolation is knowing that they are loved and well-cared for at the end. And that they are able to pass humanely is the last little gift we can give them. May Phoebe rest in peace.
This story and You Tube video were very touching. My late Liberty was a rescue and died in front of me after contracting anterior enteritis...she hung on for four days until I returned home from a family vacation so she could say "thank you" to me personally and it was one of the most intense experiences of my life. I had told the veterinarian to put her to sleep but she felt Libby was rallying when in fact, she had one last thing in her mind to do - to whinny to me and put her muzzle on my shoulder, for real.

Godspeed Phoebe - let Libby show you where to find the good grass and treats over the Bridge!

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back