People!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
My house is for sale and realtor called and said he wanted to show it and wanted me to be there. Usually they don't want the owner there.He said so I could answer questions.maybe because it wasn't my realtor.

I kind of got a bad feeling when a BMW drives in with a tall willowey blonde steps out in spike heels,(we have had record snow amounts) walks up to the door and says "how can you stand living out here'?

I wanted to say oh no your little blonde eyes did not see on the listing 4.2 miles from town?

So the poor guy shows her around and then says do you want to go up to the barn now?

She gives him a look and says"I'm not walking up there!!!!

She leaves and I turn to the poor guy, (who doesn't know me) and said "Well that went really well I think you have just sold my house"!

The look on his face was,as the commercial says was "priceless"
default_wink.png

I am lucky I am told in that 4 people besides her looked at it. 3 wanted to buy it all with good credit but could not get financing.It has only been for sale a few months.I guess to have that amount of interest in it is unusual.

It is assessed for $265,000 and they listed it at $199,000 which is, in my opinion ridiculous.To me it should list at $165,000 in todays market, but they are the professionals.

Anyway I thought the whole thing was pretty funny.
default_wub.png

Bonnie

Bonnie, I love your house and the land around it that Larry cleared. Why are you selling and where are you going?

Good luck finding a qualified buyer Bonnie. I've had mine on the market for the better part of 3 years now. Have had a couple people who wanted it but couldn't get the financing. Reduced the price this time around in the hopes that someone will decide they just can't live without it.
default_smile.png

As for your "looker", it would have been all I could do not to invite her to leave.

Bonnie, I love your house and the land around it that Larry cleared. Why are you selling and where are you going?

I cannot maintain all the barns and outbuildings and repairs and such.Want to sell when everything is in tip top shape. I am going into senior housing eventually. They are building new ones all over up here. I am looking to retire and I want to do some traveling (especially want to go to Sedona)so I want to be able to just lock the door and leave. Not having to worry about shoveling roofs, plowing and repairs.

Going to be 69 so I sure qualify.

My kids worry about me doing something stupid like climbing on roofs and such.So it is a win win.

The apartments are really nice not at all what I always thought they were.

default_wub.png

Bonnie

Makes a lot of since. Didn't realize you were that much older than me. Good luck selling. Give me a shout if you need anything. Help packing or moving. I can bring my trailer up along with Russ, Karen and Bob to help out.

Good luck finding a qualified buyer Bonnie. I've had mine on the market for the better part of 3 years now. Have had a couple people who wanted it but couldn't get the financing. Reduced the price this time around in the hopes that someone will decide they just can't live without it.
default_smile.png

As for your "looker", it would have been all I could do not to invite her to leave.

Hi Donna,

I have a warped sense of humor so I thought it was funny!
default_wacko.png

I know my house will sell when the big man upstairs decides it will, so I don't worry about. Maybe that's why I can maintain a sense of humor about the situation. My realtor was telling me he has never experienced it as bad as it is now.

I don't see it or the job situation improving either.
default_wub.png

I wish you luck. Yes, if you need any help you know that Bob and I will be there. Lizzie too!!!

Makes a lot of since. Didn't realize you were that much older than me. Good luck selling. Give me a shout if you need anything. Help packing or moving. I can bring my trailer up along with Russ, Karen and Bob to help out.

Oh thank you!!!
default_wub.png

I decided to sell it completely furnished including dishes silverware etc.It was not an easy decision to make after 43 years of memories.I decided I could weep and feel bad or just say, well girl that was your life then! This is your life now. I choose to make it a new adventure.

I knew it would be to hard to see all the things leaving.So I decided I would just walk out the door and close it on that part of my life.

And start my new adventure!!

You are a wonderful true friend.
default_wub.png

Oh thank you!!!
default_wub.png

I decided to sell it completely furnished including dishes silverware etc.It was not an easy decision to make after 43 years of memories.I decided I could weep and feel bad or just say, well girl that was your life then! This is your life now. I choose to make it a new adventure.

I knew it would be to hard to see all the things leaving.So I decided I would just walk out the door and close it on that part of my life.

And start my new adventure!!

You are a wonderful true friend.
default_wub.png
HI sorry for butting in but what you have just wrote is wonderful, what a lovely way of thinking you have and what a sence of adventure

,,good luck to you and may your adventures begin...

Best Wishes
default_smile.png
Raine

Oh Raine,

Thank you! I have my days like everyone. But then I go to Concord or some other town and I see women my age and older walking down the street loaded down with bags carrying groceries,looking tired and beat down.It makes me realize how lucky I am. I have a car and money to buy things,I have great friends who leave soup or casserole on my doorstep.

A neighbor who plows me out and won't take a dime.Just because I "check in" on their animals.

They know when I'm home and when i'm not and woe to anyone who is on my property when I'm not there. As a guy found out who was up back of my property when my neighbor the state trooper caught him.

I got home just in time to see Mike in his state trooper mode.Holy cow he even scared me!

Anyway thank you.I used to roll my eyes when people would say they were blessed now I don't.

The good thing about our happy memories is we don't need a box to put them in we carry them with us in our hearts. So I will take larry with me on "our" new adventure!!!!
default_wub.png

Bonnie,

You are a TRUE inspiration to lots of people, including me. And I agree, when HE is ready, it will sell. Miss you, wish you didn't live so far away.

Pam

Not only are there idiot "tire kickers" (I don't think your blondie counts as a "buyer") - there are idiot real estate agents.

I've had mine listed for a while. Dropped the price a lot. And the other day I get a call that an agent (from a different agency) wants to show it. They asked if I would be available in case the buyer had questions. First thing out of the agent's mouth - "where's the nearest gas station? I'm on empty." HELLO!!! You are on a mountain ridge 10 miles from town and you didn't think to fill up before coming here?

The next thing out of her mouth - "It's 3 bedrooms, right?" My response because by this time I'm just a little more than irritated - "What part of 2BR on the flyer did you not read?"

Hmmmmmm......wonder if she ever made it to town?
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back