Pedipaws nail trimmers for your pet?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been wanting to order one so when I saw Walmart had them for $20, I did get it. So far Cookie won't let me close to her nails with it and I'm not going to force her and scare the witts out of her. The way I'm going to approach it is to cut them one more time with my clippers and then frequently while petting her, I'll just keep turning the unit on and running it close to and over her feet and nails until she seems to except it and allows me to actually grind on them. So I can't actually answer your question yet, I hope it works, I hate clipping the toe nails on a dog. I hope someone else comes on who has actually used the unit.

We've been using a 35,000 rpm dremel from Walmart for years now. We start using it on our pups by the time they are 8 weeks old, they get use to the noise and by the time they are much bigger it doesnt phase them at all. Love that thing, it really gets them nice and short and you can shape the nails too.

When your just sitting around with you dog, turn it on and off a few times. Do it a few times till he's comfortable, he'll get use to the noise and then try doing a nail or two. You'll probably have to do this for a few days, also the vibration the first time will make him jumpy. The higher rpms will give you less bumpiness.

So are these the same as Walmart?

Will look at Walmart?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought it and found it to be pretty simple. Much easier then clipping nails. They did struggle a bit at first but I just worked them through it. Once they realized it was not going to hurt they were fine. Very much worth the money in my opinion.

Thanks Bingo. I was wondering too. I can clip the cat's nails with no problems but I just cringe when I do my little dogs. I think I will give it a shot.

Carol

Worth a try, I have been using a rechargable Dremel for years, I might want to try one since it is supposed to keep the dust down. After a bunch of dogs, I am a mess with the Dremel.

Have looked on the Walmart site but found nothing like this?

Can someone tell me what it is called at Walmart? and is it on their web site?

Thanks

PediPaaws.jpg
It's in a box, it's called Pedi Paws, it was on the end of a check out isle. Have no idea if it's on their site.

my neighbor bought one and loved it. Then the motor seized up. So they sent her a new one. 2 trims later it seized up too. I think she ended up telling them to just refund her money.

my neighbor bought one and loved it. Then the motor seized up. So they sent her a new one. 2 trims later it seized up too. I think she ended up telling them to just refund her money.
Oh thanks for letting us know that...
default_no.gif

Hey Rebel! I've been thinking of getting one for a while now too. My mom went shopping over the boarder and said she found some for like $10 same brand i think but she was out of money
default_wacko.png

I find that the Canadian Wal-mart website is not the great for having all the items they sell listed on it. I have not seen any of these nail trimmers in any wal-mart in Ontario but if i do i will let you know!

edited to add

why not try the e-bay way, this one is really low and ships free to Canada webpage

Hey Rebel! I've been thinking of getting one for a while now too. My mom went shopping over the boarder and said she found some for like $10 same brand i think but she was out of money
default_wacko.png

I find that the Canadian Wal-mart website is not the great for having all the items they sell listed on it. I have not seen any of these nail trimmers in any wal-mart in Ontario but if i do i will let you know!

edited to add

why not try the e-bay way, this one is really low and ships free to Canada webpage
Thanks...

Ive been seeing them at walmart in the check out isle and ive seen the commercials on tv so much, look kind of neat actually...i think they were $19 and something at walmart so what is to loose?

Planning to get one for my sister for christmas,,,,was planning to buy myself one at that time too.

Good Morning America reviewed them and said it was great for little dogs but not the greatest for large dogs!! I think it got like a B+ or an A for little dogs and like a C for large. I think that was 2 weeks ago!!
default_smile.png

my son has them & the nails have to already be short to do. My Vet said that they aren't powerful enough to do a quick job, you have to work at it. It is quicker with the other thing they were talking about, that's what the Vet uses.

I have used the 'PediPaws' and as a groomer it is not something that would be useful for many dogs or long nails. It is not as strong as the cordless Dremel. I think it may work well on shaping already short nails, but it would take a long time to get long nails short. The grinding wheel also did not seem as strong as the Dremel. L

I found the very best thing.................my farrier (Journeys End) did my dogs nails when she finished with the horses and showed me how to find where the quick started. Her nippers are a lot sharper than anything I have....and she did it on a small shih tzu!!!!!

Back