Park Pleasure Driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mominis

Reaction score
If a viceroy is used, are they hard to find used? I found one at a tack store for minis and it was almost $6000.
default_new_shocked.gif
Even if a pleasure cart is acceptable, is the viceroy the more appropriate vehicle, like in ASBs?

Yes the Viceroy is the more commonly accepted vehicle for Park Harness at AMHR shows although the rule book states that you may use a 2 wheeled vehicle as well. $6000 is not too bad for new. You can run across used ones occasionally but they are few and far between. Check with trainers in your area that may have, or know of, a used one for sale.

Yes the Viceroy is the more commonly accepted vehicle for Park Harness at AMHR shows although the rule book states that you may use a 2 wheeled vehicle as well. $6000 is not too bad for new. You can run across used ones occasionally but they are few and far between. Check with trainers in your area that may have, or know of, a used one for sale.

PMG! Let's not let my husband see this post. He'll want to ship my horse back to the breeder. lol Though we did pay roughly that for a parade saddle (for HIS ASB), so if he finds out, at least I have ammunition. lol

PMG! Let's not let my husband see this post. He'll want to ship my horse back to the breeder. lol Though we did pay roughly that for a parade saddle (for HIS ASB), so if he finds out, at least I have ammunition. lol
You can definitely find them cheaper than that but a new Jerald with nothing fancy added is $5000. plus taxes and shipping. There are other 4 wheel show vehicles for less than a Viceroy.

You can sometimes find a used one for $2,000-4,000 in show shape. Sometimes even less, but they usually need new tires/upholstery/paint and such.

It's very expensive and kind of hard to haul the carts, so that's why you don't see a lot of entries at Nationals in Park Harness.

However, I'm pretty sure you don't NEED a viceroy to show in Park Harness. I've shown some locally in a two-wheeled cart. It's just not near as "proper"...

Andrea

Back