Panther attack

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise

Reaction score
Ran into the neighbor today, he was coming to inform us the neighbors up the road lost 8 goats to the panther last night. It was a nasty attack, they were decapitated and sliced up bad. These were pretty big boer goats too.

DH saw one running a few weeks ago in the adjoining pasture, she's probably making her rounds.

I am so glad for my LGD'S. But am a little leary with foaling season right around the corner.

OH my a panther? Maybe a silly question but is a panther another name for a couger?

Scarey!!
default_unsure.png

Oh, thats bad!!

Hoping the cougar doesnt harm you or minis!
default_new_shocked.gif

Panther? in Texas? did it come off of an exotic ranch? what color was it? cause last time I knew, they are from south africa, southwestern China, Myanmar, Assam and Nepal, from Travancore and other parts of southern India, Ethiopia (formerly Abyssinia), from the forests of Mount Kenya and from the Aberdares. i think your neighbors better call game and fish and report this, state authorities will want to know about this siting/ killing.

There are panthers here in the south. We live next to Savannma Wildlife Refuge. When we first moved here 13 yrs ago a Florida Panther was spotted on our street knocking a birdbath over to get a drink. There have been other sightings also.
default_wub.png

Panthers have been all over here for a while. Louisanna has been having trouble with them too.

People use to keep them for pets then after the fad wore off out they went. Now there are sightings of them quite often. We all try to keep each other informed of sightings or killings so we can be on our toes while they are around.

Latest posts

Back