Palomino right?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdmini

Reaction score
Since birth I've had no second thought about my girl being a palomino pinto.

I still really don't but when I clipped her she has the funniest ears, the tips are soo much darker like a buckskins would be.

She is out of a palomino pinto and bay. I also know she's a pinto but can't tell for certain where her spots end.
default_rolleyes.gif
: I can make out (when she's wet) the start of a spot on her back but it evaportes on her sides. Same with her head I can not make out where the line actually ends.

Anyways let's hear what everyone else thinks.

snowbunnyhead.jpg

Not the most attractive picture but shows the tips. (I love her eyes, both are blue and both have eyeliner.
default_wub.png
default_smile.png

Here are just some to show her off.

snowbunnyleft.jpg

(can almost make out the spot on her back)

snowbunnyright2.jpg

snowbunnyrightaction.jpg

snowbunnyright.jpg

You'll have to excuse the blurred background, I needed to trim feet but my "photographer" showed up before I got the mare done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 100% what a silver buckskin looks like that young,

but a Silver Buckskin is my guess. And with those parents, I do believe she could be.

What color is her bridle Path hair up to the forelock? I have a buckskin tovero with just a yellow head, and her forelock is black, when she was born, i was unsure of the buckskin or palomino myself, but her forelock turned black.

If teh forelock , or whatever is next to the colored skin, is silver, she probably silver buckskin, if it is black next to the yellow skin , then buckskin wpuld genetically be her color, but if mane appears white all the way to forelock, she is probably a palomino.

Her mane as well as her tail is white, no shade of any other color. Her mane may look silverish in a photo but that is more due to the great globs of hair gel it took to get it to lay down.

Here is her sire and dam.

cowboy.jpg

Marystown Cowboy Cool, out of two bay parents.

platinum.jpg

Platinum Blonde, out of a jet black pinto sire and palomino dam.

Here is a fuzzy photo.

snowbunniesangel.jpg

I think she is a light palomino pinto. By her parents color I don't think she could be silver buckskin pinto. I do have a filly that looks just like her though that is a silver buckskin pinto. She was born darker than your filly (like a buttermilk) but she shed out almost white with dirty ear tips.

I agree, palomino pinto,

(although genetically she could have been silver on buckskin with those two parents , ie: the dam could easily carry silver)

She looks definate palomino(with or without silver) in that baby pic, tovero to boot.

Pretty filly, i love her clipped.

And might I add, dad is georgeous.

Latest posts

Back