Pacific Cart and Scottsman Cart

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcfarm

Reaction score
Any one have any thoughts on these 2 carts? Scottsmans is a little more resonable, and has some same features.

Any input would be great. Thanks
default_saludando.gif

One thing I don't care for about the Scotsman is the seat size; it's only 12" deep. That's only 1" deeper than the seat on the Frontier or EE cart, and I don't find those comfortable--1" extra wouldn't add much to the comfort of the seat. (And I am not a big person so it's not that I need an oversize seat!!) The other thing is--I don't think the Scotsman has a lot of adjustments.

The Smart Cart adjusts so much in size, so it fits a variety of drivers better--the seat height adjusts, the basket adjusts to give more or less leg room. The shafts adjust up & down for different size horses. I'd have to measure the seat again to be sure what it is, but I know it's more than 12" in depth--it's an extremely comfortable seat. I think the Smart Cart is a very classy vehicle--I like the look of it the best of any of the similar carts on the market. We sure don't regret putting out the money to buy our 2 carts.

I like many things about the look of the Scotsman, but commented long ago on a similar discussion thread about various mini carts that the 'only 12" deep' seat was a concern for me. Another poster commented that the maker might custom make a 'deeper' seat, but I admit, I haven't personally checked. I DO like the stated weight of the Scotsman; I,who weigh around 180 lbs., think the Pacific is too heavy for MY use (on my 34" and under horses) other than on smooth, firm, level surfaces. Guess it all really depends on what YOUR priorities are...for me, since I already own an 'original design' Bennington mini cart, which weighs a bit less than the Pacific and has many great features, including a 17" 'deep'(front to back) seat, of 3" high density foam---WONDERFUL, to me!),and great adjustability, I am not as concerned about how much adjustability the Scotsman might have. It might pay you to contact the builder of the Scotsman with any questions; if seriously shopping, I know I would.

Edited to add: I agree that the Pacific is a very classy vehicle, with MANY excellent qualities--I just don't believe it is what I want or need.

Margo

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, you lurking carriage builders...here's an add-on product for your business -- custom seats sized to fit existing carts. I'd love a comfortable seat for my easy entry!

Latest posts

Back