Ozarkmountainminitack.com

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsygal

Reaction score
Lisa asked me if I would go on the forum and let you know they endured the ice storm and everyone is ok. The ice storm has taken out all power and phone lines. They will be back up and running as soon as the power and phone lines are repaired. Hopefully within the next 24 - 48 hrs.

Thanks.

Gypsy Gal

I guess those Ice Storms were pretty bad from what we are hearing out west. I hope everyone is OK.

Oh no! I hoe they get back up and running soon. I sure know what it's like to be without power. I had to deal with no heat yesterday when I woke up. Here we were with an ice storm and temp in the teens and my furnace decides to quit.
default_no.gif
Fortunately, I found a heat/ac person to come and work on it. Got it back up and running.

Some areas they are really bad. Trees toppling and huge branches breaking.....and the weight of the ice on the power lines, alone, in some cases. We haven't even touched upon the cold, icy roads, etc.
default_new_shocked.gif

I'm in VA and was spared this one. But we have had them and on top of no heat, no electric, means no well.........and animals to tend. OK, KY were hit pretty badly, I've heard/seen on TV. Seems parts of TN & OH were in the path, also.

Take a look at the photos I posted of the damage here in NW Arkansas on the ice storm post. Lisa will be lucky if she gets power back that soon. We've been out since yesterday (using a generator for this!) and estimates are 7-10 DAYS for repair. We lost the main line out on the road a few hours ago. It's not sagging anymore, it's laying on the ground. Arkansas is guesstimated to have at least 400,000 people without power right now.

good to hear they are doing well, sure miss her

I talked to GAry this morning in NE Arkansas and he said it took 30 minutes to get from the house to the road....not that far. He took the chain saw with him and cut trees to make a path to the road.

omg thats soumds really awfull,
default_no.gif
thank god they are all okay

I saw this on the news tonight. Lifting in prayers for everyone's safety.
default_wub.png

We live in north central Arkansas, we were without power since last night around 10 pm until an hour ago. Lost several trees and lots of huge limbs last night. Our house, barns and horses are all ok tho, that is the most important things!

I talked to GAry this morning in NE Arkansas and he said it took 30 minutes to get from the house to the road....not that far. He took the chain saw with him and cut trees to make a path to the road.
It's about 12 miles to the nearest "major" highway and Steve said that a lot of it is still only has room for one car width. I have to take Mia to the Doc today, so we're going to see..

Latest posts

Back