Ozark mountain carriage harness

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GwynethYogi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
default_smile.png

I was wondering if someone, or multiple people, could please show me some pictures of the Ozark mountain carriage harness, preferably with the "V" breast collar.

Thanks!
default_biggrin.png

This is the carriage harness w/o bridle.

It barely fit her - she is a drafty 36" and I was told this would fit a 34" better.

She outgrew it when she matured at 3.5 or 4 yo. But here it is.

It is a nice harness, leather is very supple.

Lacey harness 1.jpg

Lacey harness 2.jpg

I have three of the harnesses and not a single picture!

I'm surprised that one of these would barely fit a 36" horse. Mine fit 38" but I did order a longer belly band and longer breeching--I do not like the standard mini size belly bands and standard mini breeching seems to fit 32" horses best (though the breeching pictured looks bigger than on my pleasure harness.). I can't speak of the standard carriage harness breeching because I took no chances on that--I ordered custom breeching when I ordered the harness.

She is very wide, built like a haflinger. In the pics above she was 2 1/2 years and still dainty.

This is why she outgrew it - see pic (below) at 5 1/2 years. Now in the Chimicum tack Comfy fit harness.

No longer dainty but to me she is spectacularly beautiful
default_smile.png

PS I believe Ozark offers custom fitting of parts? I bought mine used. A very nice harness.

Lacey muscle.jpg

Minimor, you are right - first the belly band was too short, then the breeching could not match her wide HQ, now the breast collar is far too small for her. I still have that harness in case I get a mini with a lighter build.

Latest posts

Back