Owls anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
My daughter just said she was collecting owls. So I thought maybe I'd make her some owl potholders or maybe an owl wall hanging. Something with owls on it. Only problem is......I don't have any patterns for anything owl.

Now, I don't knit or crochet so whatever I make will have to be sewn. Anybody have any patterns you'd like to share?

Have you checked a fabric store? I've made several wall hangings, Native American & Horses with fabric bought at Joannes Fabrics. Sort of like a quilt, you center the picture to backing sew three sides together, stuff with bating sew up the fourth side, and then I usually sew all around aBOUT 2 inches in from the seam line. You could also hand sew around the image.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had another "wise" thought. On our recent home tour, there were 3 homes with murals painted in the girls' bedrooms. One was a woods scene with various animals. There was an owl family in one tree. The murals were painted on whole walls, so it was lifesize, but could be scaled down. You may find an art student who can design it and perhaps you and your daughter could do some of the painting.

Well, I remember now why I hate applique. I had originally thought I'd make several of these little guys and make a wall hanging for my daughter. But, after making one, I realized that I really, really hate applique. So she's only getting this one. I made it into a pot holder and that'll have to do.

I have real admiration for those people who do all that wonderful applique work. For me, it's just time consuming and not really my thing.

Owl potholder 001.JPG

Owl potholder 002.JPG

Back