Our Twin Update: at 2 and 1/2!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
I wanted to update all of those who still send prayers for our twins, Riley and Blake who are now 2 1/2!!

Short summary: both have heart defects/conditions. At the age of 3 weeks and just over 3 pounds Riley had her open-heart surgery. I am happy to say she is one independent, sassy, strong and very smart little girl!! She runs the house with an iron hand and sucks all in with a glowing smile!

Her she is with a BIG smile, wearing a sweater that was given to her by a special member of this forum.

rileynew.jpg

Blake is doing well after already 2 open heart surgeries and more procedures than I can count! He is to have another open heart surgery in a month or so. The twins have always gone to Columbia University Hospital, one of the best in the country for pediatric cardiology, but Blakes next surgery is so complicated only 2 doctors in the country now do it, so he will have this next surgery in Boston. Very hard for the family with also a 4 year old, to have it done out of state, they live in NY, but it is the best thing for Blake. Blake is such a happy little guy and he lights up the world of all those around him! He is so funny, loves to tell jokes and wants to be the "boss" of everyone. He has a hug that will melt your heart. He puts both his hands on each side of your face and squeezes, says, here's a hug to keep in your mind.

blakenew.jpg

Your prayers and good thoughts have been so much appreciated, I can never begin to thank you enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for the update! They both look wonderful! I can't believe how big they are and soooo adorable. I am so glad to hear they are doing well. We will be praying for Blake and the rest of the family in the upcoming months as his surgery date arrives. Boston is an amazing hospital, but I can understand how stressful it will be to have to travel for that, too.

Barbara

Latest posts

Back